• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Small children in the office

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small children in the office

Someone’s brought a small child to the office. The child has been screaming and wailing all morning. That’s quite logical; children don’t like offices. Offices are boring, stuffy, grey places full of bored miserable adults watching their lives slip away from them. Small children like playgrounds with colourful swings, footballs and climbing frames. What I don’t understand is what would lead anyone to bring a small child to the office. Before you ask; no the child isn’t ill, the woman just thought it would be fun to show off her young child to her colleagues. What a bloody racket.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Is there anywhere nearby that sells cattle-prods?
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

How long has the child been in the office? 5 minutes is fine : anything longer is bad form.

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
        Is there anywhere nearby that sells cattle-prods?
        Good idea. Not here in the big city, but back home in the country I might visit the farmers merchants. Of course I wouldn't electrocute the child, but it's parents might be in for a shock.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          How long has the child been in the office? 5 minutes is fine : anything longer is bad form.
          Since 0930 this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Since 0930 this morning.

Time to call social services?

Comment

Mich do you have any phlegm to hand that you can start wiping on your trousers as you stand near it? That should get rid of it.

Comment

I have noticed that women who have gone off to have sprogs often come back into the office to show them off. My view is that they do it to get out of the house and to feel better about themselves, or that they have nothing else in their lives other than "the company".

Very tragic.
                Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Svalbaard View Post
                  I have noticed that women who have gone off to have sprogs often come back into the office to show them off. My view is that they do it to get out of the house and to feel better about themselves, or that they have nothing else in their lives other than "the company".

Very tragic.
                  Nope they do it so other women in the office can coo over the new baby and get broody.

However, I wouldn't agree with anything longer than 10 mins, not to mention it turns the men in the office into rabid dogs if the child is a whinger.
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Svalbaard View Post
                    or that they have nothing else in their lives other than "the company".

Very tragic.
                    There are lots of people like that. Back in my permie days I was told that my career would be hampered as I never turned up to company weekend get-togethers or evening jollies. Perhaps my answer wasn’t very tactful; ‘no thanks, I have some real friends and I’ll be spending the weekend with them’.

Comment

Working...
                    X