PDA

View Full Version : Pope: Condoms cause AIDS!

Mich the Tester
17th March 2009, 13:51
linky (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/faith/article5923927.ece)Yep, condoms make it worse!

badger7579
17th March 2009, 13:56
Ah the church.... Never wrong are they :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

NotAllThere
17th March 2009, 13:59
It's the papal infallibility, innit.

Svalbaard
17th March 2009, 14:04
Plausable deniability Mr. President...

Ruprect
17th March 2009, 14:22
Coming from someone who believes in talking snakes, people living in whales, 900 year old men and dead people who can move large boulders, I can't say this really surprises me :rolleyes:

Mr Crosby
17th March 2009, 14:26
Coming from someone who believes in talking snakes, people living in whales, 900 year old men and dead people who can move large boulders, I can't say this really surprises me :rolleyes:

He doesn't, he knows what side his bread is buttered. ;)

NotAllThere
17th March 2009, 15:09
Coming from someone who believes in.. dead people who can move large boulders, I can't say this really surprises me :rolleyes:

Jesus wasn't dead by then - he'd been resurrected. So he doesn't believe in that.

btw - he also believes that donkeys can talk. That the sun can be reversed in its motion across the sky.

FSM with Cheddar
17th March 2009, 15:21
I would think this is laughable if it wasn't causing any damage. :mad :mad :mad
He is personally responsible for the death of every AIDS victim that occurs as a consequence of his comments.

Although I take issue with a lot of things the CofE do; at least their leader is educated and thoughtful.

badger7579
17th March 2009, 15:23
If I remember rightly Jacob Zuma said showering could wash AIDS away!! He's the president of the ANC:eek:

PM-Junkie
17th March 2009, 15:23
What a great quote...

"A catholic priest giving advice on human sexuality is like Quasimodo working as a chiropractor" - Robin Williams :rollin:

KentPhilip
17th March 2009, 15:55
The pope is an arse.

pleomax
17th March 2009, 16:00
I would think this is laughable if it wasn't causing any damage. :mad :mad :mad
He is personally responsible for the death of every AIDS victim that occurs as a consequence of his comments.

Although I take issue with a lot of things the CofE do; at least their leader is educated and thoughtful.

So now you are saying the Queen is educated?

Sheesh, maybe i should jump on the Cof E bashing band wagon!

But now I am better than that, I am understanding of others faiths and Beliefs. Or is it that catholics are easy targets as other minority religions get angry if you start on them?

Pleomax

Pogle
17th March 2009, 16:01
Sometimes I despair of the Catholic Church
:suicide:

Mich the Tester
17th March 2009, 16:02
So now you are saying the Queen is educated?

Sheesh, maybe i should jump on the Cof E bashing band wagon!

But now I am better than that, I am understanding of others faiths and Beliefs. Or is it that catholics are easy targets as other minority religions get angry if you start on them?

PleomaxNobody's having a go at catholics, unless you consider the pope to be the one and only catholic in the world.

Ruprect
17th March 2009, 16:04
Nobody's having a go at catholics, unless you consider the pope to be the one and only catholic in the world.

Nobody is to throw any stones, until I blow this whistle. Even if they do say Jehovah!

cailin maith
17th March 2009, 16:06
The pope is an arse.

I agree .... and he looks like a walking corpse :eyes

Has he got anything right since he was "elected" Pope? I don't think so.

Pogle
17th March 2009, 16:06
Nobody is to throw any stones, until I blow this whistle. Even if they do say Jehovah!

Are there any WOMEN here today..?

pleomax
17th March 2009, 16:18
I like the way you all glossed over the fact that unless the Queen has had a sex change in the last 8 hours “she” is still a “She” AND she is the Head of the C Of E.

darmstadt
17th March 2009, 19:48
The Pope is a Dope - Living Legends (who also gave us the memorable 'If Shit Becomes Valuable Then The Poor Will Be Born Without Arseholes' and you could check out the lyrics to Tory Funerals)

Stan.goodvibes
18th March 2009, 04:31
*despairs* He gets my International F**ktard Of The Week award, and I don't give it away lightly.

What a tool. A complete and utter tool. Death is too good for him.

threaded
18th March 2009, 04:58
If you read what the Pope said it makes some sort of sense. Abstinence is the best way to prevent the spread of AIDS, and condoms work against this goal.

BrilloPad
18th March 2009, 07:39
If you read what the Pope said it makes some sort of sense. Abstinence is the best way to prevent the spread of AIDS, and condoms work against this goal.

The catholic church woiuld get further if it promoted sex within committed relationships : prefrably marriage.

I am joining the catholic church at Easter : of the 6 at the local church 3 of them are not married but in committed relationships : myself included. So the message is getting through : but the catholic church moves incredibly slowly.

SallyAnne
18th March 2009, 07:53
*despairs* He gets my International F**ktard Of The Week award, and I don't give it away lightly.

What a tool. A complete and utter tool.

I couldn't agree more.

The first bit makes sense - "dont have sex and you wont catch AIDS", but saying that condoms work against abstinence is a ridiculous statement.
If you're going to abstain because of your religion, why would condoms even come into it?

Condoms are there for people who WANT to have sex - not for those who dont.

The pope is a tard, end of.

I want a t-shirt printed with "The Pope is a tard" on it.

Pogle
18th March 2009, 08:03
The Catholic Church would do a lot better if it 'allowed' contraception and married priests and spent some of its vast wealth on food and health care for the poorest in the world.

The Church is failling to attract much needed new priests and the main block to young men joining the church is that they have to be celebate. I have a friend who trained to be a priest in Italy for many years and finally left the church as he couldnt commit to a life without a sexual relationship.
He would make a great priest and there are many more like him.

I really hoped that we'd get a more radical Pope last time, but instead we got Vlad. - PAH :mad:

PM-Junkie
18th March 2009, 08:22
High time we took Aids far more seriously. For example it is a fact that you can get Aids just from sitting on a toilet seat.

SizeZero
18th March 2009, 08:32
This guy makes more cockups than Prince Philip. He's from the same era as Josef Fritzel - a rather f**ked up generation. Let's hope they choose a pope next time who is a little more in touch with the world around them.

Ruprect
18th March 2009, 09:14
I want a t-shirt printed with "The Pope is a tard" on it.

Create one: www.cafepress.com

you never know, it might sell well! Could be a plan B.

or you might get lynched by fundamentalist christians

FSM with Cheddar
18th March 2009, 09:15
I like the way you all glossed over the fact that unless the Queen has had a sex change in the last 8 hours “she” is still a “She” AND she is the Head of the C Of E.

Ok I was referring to the Arch Bishop of Canterbury.

On the issue of abstinence: Yes great to promote it to fellow believers, and good luck to them suppressing their primeval urges. However this does not resolve the problem of AIDS amongst the general population that doesn't follow dogma.

I stand by my initial comment that by dogmatically sticking to a literal interpretation on the spilling of seamen, the pope is directly responsible for the death of AIDS victims that contracted the disease as a consequence of his message.

The pope is a BIGOT.

Ruprect
18th March 2009, 09:16
High time we took Aids far more seriously. For example it is a fact that you can get Aids just from sitting on a toilet seat.

and by shaking hands with a junkie. don't forget that one.

BlightyBoy
18th March 2009, 10:07
I stand by my initial comment that by dogmatically sticking to a literal interpretation on the spilling of seamen

:spel this is generally what happens when the French Navy ram-raid a British Submarine, not when one enjoys a pot noodle

FSM with Cheddar
18th March 2009, 10:22
:spel this is generally what happens when the French Navy ram-raid a British Submarine, not when one enjoys a pot noodle

:emb

Platypus
18th March 2009, 10:29
The catholic church would get further if it promoted sex within committed relationships : preferably marriage.

Sorry Brillo but that is utter shite. That is exactly was the Pope was trying to promote and has been for some time,

He said the "traditional teaching of the Church" on chastity outside marriage and fidelity within it had proved to be "the only sure way of preventing the spread of HIV and Aids".

All the Catholics I know use contraception - isn't that against catholic teachings? Nobody follows this dogma.

Likewise people will continue have sex (against his teachings) - usually for men as much as they can get (it's biological programming innit?).

The only viable protection from AIDS is a condom, not marriage.

PM-Junkie
18th March 2009, 10:58
....if someone else is sat on it at the time that is ;)

Ruprect
18th March 2009, 11:23
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/health/put-a-bible-over-your-penis%2c-says-pope-200903181648/

Dr Emma Bradford, of Reading University, said: "I guess you would have to rip out a few pages of Leviticus and then somehow fashion them into a condom-like device using lots and lots of masking tape.

"Or you could shred the pages, soak them in water and construct something that looks a bit like a paper maché cigar tube."

Dr Bradford added: "It has to be one of those two because suggesting that the African Aids epidemic can be contained simply by reading the bible would be criminally insane."

voodooflux
18th March 2009, 11:31
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/health/put-a-bible-over-your-penis%2c-says-pope-200903181648/

Meanwhile the Vatican has issued this year's list of approved non-penetrative carnal techniques including pearl necklaces, light genital branding and something called 'Dutch steamboating'.

Is that similar to a Cleveland Steamboat?

Ruprect
18th March 2009, 11:33
Is that similar to a Cleveland Steamboat?

I have no idea...but I daren't google it at work? Anyone care to share a quick praisie?

Cyberman
18th March 2009, 11:35
Ah well, at least we can thank the Pope for helping to reduce the world population by helping to cause widespread AIDS throughout the world. :laugh

oracleslave
18th March 2009, 11:56
I have no idea...but I daren't google it at work? Anyone care to share a quick praisie?

:spel precis

:spank:

BrollyBonce
18th March 2009, 21:36
condoms make it worse!Catholic priests. Choir boys. Condoms split. Nuff sed.

Pogle
19th March 2009, 08:17
Catholic priests. Choir boys. Condoms split. Nuff sed.

Now for balance please say something really offensive about all other religions - alternatively f**k off back under your stone

BrollyBonce
20th March 2009, 00:28
Now for balance please say something really offensive about all other religions - alternatively f**k off back under your stoneVicars. Boy Scouts. Vaseline. No condoms needed.

Baptist preachers. Where to begin.

Happy?

Or need some other fantasies to help you sleep?

Rantor
20th March 2009, 08:47
Now for balance please say something really offensive about all other religions - alternatively f**k off back under your stone

Are they all full of pederasts as well?

pleomax
20th March 2009, 09:35
The only viable protection from AIDS marriage with a known partner.

What you have to remember is that AIDS got into the human race because a bench IT contractor got bored and shagged a monkey!

The catholic church has survived for 2000 years, and it will outlive you, so quit your bitching and find a contract.

Pleomax

pleomax
20th March 2009, 09:39
Ah well, at least we can thank the Pope for helping to reduce the world population by helping to cause widespread AIDS throughout the world. :laugh

Cyberman you have a very stupid view there, the Pope is not forcing people to have sex and spread AIDS. That is poeple's free will.

It is quite clear you do not understand so you are scared and it is easier to attack something you do not understand or wish to understand.

I wish your parents had used a condom!

dinker
20th March 2009, 09:40
People catch AIDS because they are thick, IQ map of the world:

http://i43.tinypic.com/73l6as.png

pleomax
20th March 2009, 09:40

WHS +1

pleomax
20th March 2009, 09:42
Vicars. Boy Scouts. Vaseline. No condoms needed.

Baptist preachers. Where to begin.

Happy?

Or need some other fantasies to help you sleep?

I see ignorance is storng in you, Religion? You are still bashing Christains.

All the above are variantions of cristian faith.

Sheesh why dont you stick to what you know.

Pleomax

fckvwls
20th March 2009, 09:44

Sheesh why dont you stick to what you know.

Pleomax

:spel strong

:spel christians

:spel variations

:spel don't

I'd pipe down about ignorance.

HTH

pleomax
20th March 2009, 09:51
:spel strong

:spel variations

:spel don't

I'd pipe down about ignorance.

HTH

So i cant spell!
Who cares, spelling isnt everything and if that is all you can bring to the party then Whooppee for you!

See it is easier for you to be critical towards me, then accept and comment on the topic in hand, I am truley sorry you are such an idiot I will pray for you.

BrollyBonce
20th March 2009, 12:06

Sheesh why dont you stick to what you know.As opposed to spouting on about something I do not know? You have strange values, spelomax.

See it is easier for you to be critical towards meWell, you don't make it hard for us.

, then accept and comment on the topic in hand, I am truley sorry you are such an idiot I will pray for you.If your use of language is any demonstration of your intelligence, I can understand your need to pray. Faith is far easier than thinking, after all.

Mich the Tester
20th March 2009, 12:13
The catholic church has survived for 2000 years, and it will outlive you, so quit your bitching and find a contract.
It will probably outlive the loon presently residing in the vatican too, simply because most catholics I know have a lot more common sense and humanity than he has shown up to now.

BrowneIssue
21st March 2009, 07:33
If in doubt, Sickipedia...

Why don't Catholics use condoms?

Because little boys can't get pregnant.

:D