• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's all our fault!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's all our fault!

UK firms feel they are paying through the nose for IT contractors and it is hindering their own staff development, according to research released by integrator Morse.

Think I may just add a comment to the article!

Link
    Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

However a large number of respondents – 71 per cent – reported that they found it difficult to hire people with the right skills and experience. IT departments are also finding it difficult to transform the skills sets of their staff, as they don’t have the time or capacity to provide them with training, with 72 per cent of respondents believing a skills shortage was holding back their IT department and preventing it from taking on projects which would improve the company’s bottom line.
    Hmmmmm, who the f**k is this morse outfit anyway?

Churchill - In "off to do some research" mode!

Comment

Originally posted by LinkedIn
      Morse plc operates as an advisory and execution professional services company that provides business and information technology (IT) consulting and delivery services in the United Kingdom and internationally. The company’s services include management, applications, and infrastructure consulting. Its management consulting services include advisory services on business strategy, operational strategy, technology strategy, sourcing, and transaction services for change management, implementation, and remediation. The company offers these services primarily in the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands, France, Luxembourg, South Africa, Australia, and Singapore. Its applications consulting services include consulting for management, IT transformation, and enterprise-wide systems integration in support of technologies, such as SAP, Oracle, and Microsoft; global support services for a 24x7 managed service, business process optimization, and offshore delivery and support; enterprise content management for solution implementation in support of technologies, such as Stellent, Vignette, Autonomy, and Wisdom; and IT placement services for contractor staff. The company offers these services primarily in the United Kingdom, Asia, and the United States. Its infrastructure consulting services comprise technology and integration solutions to clients, as well as providing technology and mission critical technology environments. The company offers these services primarily in the United Kingdom, Spain, and Ireland. Morse plc markets its services to the financial services, media and communications, commercial, and the public sectors. The company was founded in 1983 and is headquartered in Brentford, the United Kingdom.
      Hmmm, sounds like their "survey" was nothing more than a marketing exercise given their background.

Pinch of salt, anyone?

Comment

I have worked on a site through morse, bunch of tits.

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
          UK firms feel they are paying through the nose for IT contractors and it is hindering their own staff development, according to research released by integrator Morse.

Think I may just add a comment to the article!

Link
          I'd only have one comment.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            I have worked on a site through morse, bunch of tits.
            Cant have he's been dead a couple of years

HTH
            I don't know my arse from an hole in the ground

Comment

Originally posted by Clownio View Post

HTH
              Hehehehehe...very sharp

I've had a couple of run-ins with Morse as well, and Minestrone is absolutely right.
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Clownio View Post

HTH
                .... . / -.-. .- -. .----. - / -... . / .. / ... .- .-- / .... .. -- / --- -. / - ...- / .-.. .- ... - / -. .. --. .... -

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  .... . / -.-. .- -. .----. - / -... . / .. / ... .- .-- / .... .. -- / --- -. / - ...- / .-.. .- ... - / -. .. --. .... -
                  Dare I translate that?

Comment

There was a group of us in a place and I they pissed the client off, we got stuck in the middle and left to take the ill feeling. Mainly the client's fault but Morse could have handled it far better. They convinced the client to take on a group of developers when they knew there was no work so we ended siting about doing nowt. I think they sacrificed a long term relationship for short term gains. I was told to monitor log files for a few weeks, just ended up not doing it.

Comment

Working...
                    X