• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fat Burning Pills.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fat Burning Pills.

Following on from that X factor family story....

Has anyone been given those new "wonder drug" diet pills from their doctor yet?

I've heard lots about them (mainly that they work, but they make you pretty much sh*t yourself after everything you eat!)

But I haven't tried them..and I dont know anyone who actually has - it's always a "friend of a friend".
    The pope is a tard.

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post

I've heard lots about them (mainly that they work, but they make you pretty much sh*t yourself after everything you eat!)

But I haven't tried them..and I dont know anyone who actually has - it's always a "friend of a friend".
    Do these pills have an official name?

Onviously there are loads of "wonder drug" pils available from non-doctor sources.

Comment

If they are the ones I think they are then they work by inhibiting fat uptake in the gut. Not absorbing fat means you get fewer calories from what you eat, so yes they will work. The down side is that any fat you do eat has to go somewhere and you essentially end up tulipting chip fat.

The reason they work so well in weight loss isn't so much the fact that they stop fat from being absorbed but the fact that if you don't want to have the greasy runs every time to eat a packet of crisps you have to switch to a low fat diet, which helps you lose weight.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post

I think they work by changing your bodies ability to absorb fat. Remember reading about them years ago and the term "anal leakage" was used an awful lot.

Comment

I read about a product caled alli, FDA approved and due over here soon I think. Although you can buy on the tinterweb im sure.

A quick google:

http://www.myalli.com/

Supposed to work, though obviously not in conjunction with a 10 a day mars bar habbit.

edit: although to be fair, the bird in the ad is still a bit of a bloater...
          The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            If they are the ones I think they are then they work by inhibiting fat uptake in the gut. Not absorbing fat means you get fewer calories from what you eat, so yes they will work. The down side is that any fat you do eat has to go somewhere and you essentially end up tulipting chip fat.
            That can't be good for you. What's wrong with a spot of regular *exercise*?

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
              I read about a product caled alli, FDA approved and due over here soon I think. Although you can buy on the tinterweb im sure.

A quick google:

http://www.myalli.com/

Supposed to work, though obviously not in conjunction with a 10 a day mars bar habbit.

edit: although to be fair, the bird in the ad is still a bit of a bloater...
              Same thing, it relies on you changing eating habits backed up by the threat of greasy farts if you stray too far.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
                That can't be good for you. What's wrong with a spot of regular *exercise*?
                Nothing at all. A sensible diet and regular exercise is the single most effective way to lose weight and keep it off. These pills just reinforce the diet aspect by ensuring unfortunate consequences if you shove a kebab down your face in a moment of weakness.

Comment

Dont want to be a Fat Man ...

People would think that I was
                  Just good fun.

Would rather be a thin man,
                  I am so glad to go on being one.

Too much to carry around with you,
                  No chance of finding a woman who
                  Will love you in the morning and all the night time too.

Dont want to be a fat man,
                  Have not the patience to ignore all that.

Hate to admit to myself half of my problems
                  Came from being fat.

Wont waste my time feeling sorry for him,
                  I seen the other side to being thin.
                  Roll us both down a mountain
                  And Im sure the fat man would win.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    Same thing, it relies on you changing eating habits backed up by the threat of greasy farts if you stray too far.
                    And all those farts have to go somewhere too. In fact this could all spiral out of control quite horribly. The fatties will stoke up on the pills and - inevitably - will stoke up on even more burgers and chips. The farts will pollute the cities and surely accelerated global warming will follow.

Comment

Working...
                    X