• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

iPhone update

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPhone update

to include copy n' paste, stereo bluetooth and MMS

some info here

Anyone know if it'll include syncing via activesync for those without iTunes?

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

some info here

Built in file searching as well. Other than that details are sketchy atm. Not due for release till the summer so I guess we will see more as time goes by.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

This is an Apple product we are talking about? It's bad enough M$ giving them MS Office and Interweb Exploder, but why give them ActiveSync? Get your mind out of the gutter....
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Sounds like they're going to relax the developer rules on using the GPS too.

I wonder how much substance there is to the rumour of a 10" Apple tablet being announced shortly?
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
          Sounds like they're going to relax the developer rules on using the GPS too.

I wonder how much substance there is to the rumour of a 10" Apple tablet being announced shortly?
          Yep, they will be allowing turn by turn gps but you will have to use a different map set because of licensing issues.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

some info here

About flipping time
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Does anyone know what the block is with Flash on iPhones, out of interest? I'd have thought that would be a basic and standard plug-in these days.

Edit: Nov 08 article here gives some explanation. Apple policy issue it seems.
              Last edited by dang65; 18 March 2009, 10:10.

Comment

The new software will also allow developers to sell subscription-based software products, opening up the prospect of users being asked to pay for different levels of a game, to purchase additional content or to buy virtual items.
                This I like
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

When it'll be in market???

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
                    Does anyone know what the block is with Flash on iPhones, out of interest? I'd have thought that would be a basic and standard plug-in these days.
                    I read in this months Mac Format that its a technical thing, not a business decision not to include Flash. Apple thought that the mobile Flash version available for them to use was not up to scratch so are working with Adobe to sort it out and it'll be available sometime in the future.

Comment

Working...
                    X