• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Poll about Microsoft

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poll about Microsoft

Lots of people bad mouth it, so I wonder how many do not use Microsoft OS and apps at all. Please vote
    Do not use Microsoft applications or OS EVER. Not at all.
    3.39%
    use them sometimes, but mostly I'm non-Microsoft
    25.42%
    pretty much use all MS stuff. Vista, Office you name it I use it.
    61.02%
    Love AndyW
    10.17%

The poll is expired.

But not out of choice, rather necessity.

Gotta hand it to the Gatester though, although his products are generally crap, an excellent commercial strategy.

Comment

MS all the way

For my recent new computer purchase I seriously considered getting a MAC to make music on but then I thought..... naaahh
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Is this home or work?
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

MS at work.

MAC OSX and linux at home.

I like and dislike *nix and windoze os's for different reasons.

MS have done some great stuff. Visual Studio 2008 is the best dev environment since sliced bread and generally the stuff they've done for productivity is spot on. MS is also the reason why I have work. It doesn't stop me moaning every now and then though.

Comment

They pretty much made computers accessible to the general public!

If they released product that works every time and all the time, that would be wonderful.

However they don't
            'elf and safety guru

Comment

I wanted to vote for "pretty much use all MS stuff. Vista, Office you name it I use it", but like a lot of people I don't and won't use Vista.

So I went for Andyw.

Comment

Originally posted by thelace View Post
                They pretty much made computers accessible to the general public!

If they released product that works every time and all the time, that would be wonderful.

However they don't
                That's actually a good thing
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by thelace View Post

However they don't
                  As Joseph Heller said when told he had never written anything else as good as Catch-22: "Who has?"

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
                    As Joseph Heller said when told he had never written anything else as good as Catch-22: "Who has?"
                    Tried that book recently. Read 150 pages and then gave up.

Comment

Working...
                    X