PDA

View Full Version : Good news. I'm going to win the next election.

Gordon Brown
18th March 2009, 10:20
Just a matter of turning round the economy, and the floating Guardian voters are mine.

:banana:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1162818/Its-economy-stupid-Recovery-spur-voters-Brown-election.html

Labour could still claw back the Tories' double-digit lead in the polls if there are signs of economic recovery by the next general election, according to a survey released last night.

The ICM poll for The Guardian suggests 8% of voters currently planning to vote Conservative or Liberal Democrat would consider backing Labour if the economy turned a corner.

No more boom and bust after that. Promise.

sasguru
18th March 2009, 10:24
Unfortunately dear Snotgoblin, even if the economy does - technically - "turn a corner" in the next 15 months, there will be a lag before it is felt in the real economy and unemployment will continue to rise.

Good bye. You are the weakest link. History will judge you as the biggest loser and worst Prime Minister in British history.

:wave::wave:

AlfredJPruffock
18th March 2009, 10:29
Aye - yer some laddie Gordon !

Ruprect
18th March 2009, 10:37
Just a matter of turning round the economy, and the floating Guardian voters are mine.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1162818/Its-economy-stupid-Recovery-spur-voters-Brown-election.html

Labour could still claw back the Tories' double-digit lead in the polls if there are signs of economic recovery by the next general election, according to a survey released last night.

The ICM poll for The Guardian suggests 8% of voters currently planning to vote Conservative or Liberal Democrat would consider backing Labour if the economy turned a corner.

Tis a mighty big "if"

Doggy Styles
18th March 2009, 11:54
There is no way that anyone can turn the economy around before the next election. It will still be getting worse.

The economy can be made to look better temporarily (i.e. in the run-up to an election). However all methods of doing this, with the exception of a public decapitation of Gordon Brown, will be at the cost of delaying future recovery.

BrilloPad
18th March 2009, 11:58
I still dont think it is certain that GB is going. Very likely : but still 15 months to go.

Torys should have lost in 1992 but no-one would vote for a ginger welshman.

PM-Junkie
18th March 2009, 11:59
There is no way that anyone can turn the economy around before the next election. It will still be getting worse.

The economy can be made to look better temporarily (i.e. in the run-up to an election). However all methods of doing this, with the exception of a public decapitation of Gordon Brown, will be at the cost of delaying future recovery.
And you seriously think the majority of the dorks who vote in general elections are bright enough to know the difference?

I see a real danger that this lot will get in again. Too many thick people about I'm afraid...

BrilloPad
18th March 2009, 12:02
And you seriously think the majority of the dorks who vote in general elections are bright enough to know the difference?

I see a real danger that this lot will get in again. Too many thick people about I'm afraid...

Well there is no way I am voting for DC. I voted Tory 6 times : but not next time. He should not have called fathers feckless. I hope he comes to my constituency during the campaign : I would like to have a word with him. Now, where did I put my Team America costume? :confused:

Cyberman
18th March 2009, 12:38
Surely from here there is only one way and that is up whether we have Labour or the Tories. Gordon should be given another term to learn how to give us a growing economy. :wink

Fred Bloggs
18th March 2009, 13:10
I still dont think it is certain that GB is going. Very likely : but still 15 months to go.

Torys should have lost in 1992 but no-one would vote for a ginger welshman.I totally agree with you. Broon hasn't spent the last 10 years building a national dependence on state benefits for nothing. When you look at the intellectual lightwieghts inhabiting the Tory shadow cabinet it looks very possible for Labour to win again in 2010 with a small majority or in a minority administration.

SantaClaus
18th March 2009, 14:01
Lets just hope Gordon isnt replaced by one of his (minging) "babes".

Jaquie Smith as prime minister? Government by CCTV camera? :eek

Cyberman
18th March 2009, 14:08
I totally agree with you. Broon hasn't spent the last 10 years building a national dependence on state benefits for nothing. When you look at the intellectual lightwieghts inhabiting the Tory shadow cabinet it looks very possible for Labour to win again in 2010 with a small majority or in a minority administration.

Lightweights ? There are more people in the Tories that have run successful businesses or worked in the private sector than Labour can muster. If you really think that Labour have intellectual strength, then I despair. They are career politicians without a clue as to what a business actually is. :laugh

contractor79
18th March 2009, 14:49
there's only one party worth voting for to get us out of this mess

clue: it's not one of the big three

oracleslave
18th March 2009, 15:00

If I thought you had the remotest clue I would ask.

Fred Bloggs
18th March 2009, 15:39
If you really think that Labour have intellectual strengthI don't think that............. :rolleyes: I think the Tories are almost as clueless at the moment. Until very recently they AGREED with Broon and Darling about economic policy FFS!!!!!

Andy2
18th March 2009, 16:07

Green Party ?

sasguru
18th March 2009, 16:13

Ah it's the fascist Christian Israeli fundamentalist again. :laugh:laugh

Ruprect
18th March 2009, 16:49

Unemployment predicted to be 3.3M by end of next year:

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/economics/article5932206.ece

:suicide:

Doggy Styles
18th March 2009, 16:50

I see a real danger that this lot will get in again. Too many thick people about I'm afraid...That was my point.

And even if Labour are kicked out at the election, they'll be invited back in 10 to 15 years.

The attention span at the shallow end of the British voter gene pool is only a couple of days or so.

contractor79
18th March 2009, 17:01
Unemployment predicted to be 3.3M by end of next year:

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/economics/article5932206.ece

:suicide:

under both Labour and Tory administration:-

mass unemployment
deeper into EU without a chance to have our say about it
growth in welfare state, benefit culture, chav culture
boom and bust economy
increase in non-traditional families
increase in crime, particularly violent crime
jobs moving abroad
mass immigration, race riots
corporate corruption fat cats etc.
cost of living going up
politicians fiddling expenses, dodgy dealings, sleaze
terrorism killing our people

so... why are people not realising yet there's no significant difference between both parties?
and no, the Libdems wouldn't be any better

three parties, different colours... just a merry go round methinks it's time to pull the plug

sasguru
18th March 2009, 17:08

mass unemployment
boom and bust economy
jobs moving abroad
cost of living going up

so... why are people not realising yet there's no significant difference between both parties?

three parties, different colours... just a merry go round methinks it's time to pull the plug

Yes I agree. Let's vote the Nazis in to improve things. That worked for the Germans.

Ruprect
18th March 2009, 17:13

mass unemployment
boom and bust economy
jobs moving abroad
cost of living going up

Stop talking out of your hole.

contractor79
18th March 2009, 17:17
Stop talking out of your hole.

I stated only facts. It seems the truth hurts.

I left a few other things out of the list too:-

both have started pointless overseas wars which have killed our young soldiers

Ruprect
18th March 2009, 17:20

No, no you didn't.

sasguru
18th March 2009, 17:25

I completely agree. Lets vote for a party that will create civil war at home for a change.

Cyberman
18th March 2009, 17:27

You really are talking rubbish. There are major differences between the parties especially with regard to tax and spending but you obviously are too blind or stupid to see them. :laugh

contractor79
18th March 2009, 17:33
I completely agree. Lets vote for a party that will create civil war at home for a change.

both have, or are you denying there's been any rioting in the last 30 years? doh

contractor79
18th March 2009, 17:33
You really are talking rubbish. There are major differences between the parties especially with regard to tax and spending but you obviously are too blind or stupid to see them. :laugh

not anymore, are you still living in 1979?

MrMark
18th March 2009, 17:39
Lightweights ? There are more people in the Tories that have run successful businesses or worked in the private sector than Labour can muster. If you really think that Labour have intellectual strength, then I despair. They are career politicians without a clue as to what a business actually is. :laugh

So how come the Shadow Chancellor seemingly only has work experience of working as a temp data-inputter one summer? It's about time "Dave" put aside his loyalty to his college drinking partner and put Ken or William in charge of the economy role. Because, as it stands, it seems to indicate the Tories don't really relish taking on the disaster (can't blame them, as it happens).

Cyberman
18th March 2009, 17:42
So how come the Shadow Chancellor seemingly only has work experience of working as a temp data-inputter one summer? It's about time "Dave" put aside his loyalty to his college drinking partner and put Ken or William in charge of the economy role. Because, as it stands, it seems to indicate the Tories don't really relish taking on the disaster (can't blame them, as it happens).

I wouldn't blame them from withdrawing from the election on the basis that Labour should sort out their own mess. Thatcher had to sort out the previous mess after 1979 and what thanks did she get !! :laugh

Cyberman
18th March 2009, 17:44
not anymore, are you still living in 1979?

I stick to my original comment !! :rolleyes:

contractor79
18th March 2009, 17:44

they wouldn't be able to do much, it's all run from the EU

BrilloPad
18th March 2009, 17:45
I wouldn't blame them from withdrawing from the election on the basis that Labour should sort out their own mess. Thatcher had to sort out the previous mess after 1979 and what thanks did she get !! :laugh

Well I am grateful.....

Ruprect
18th March 2009, 17:49
they wouldn't be able to do much, it's all run from the EU

You're demonstrating your own ignorance now.

contractor79
19th March 2009, 09:55
You're demonstrating your own ignorance now.

not at all, 80% of our laws come from there, Labour and Tory politicians have pushed us deeper into there without asking us, they're all the same

sasguru
19th March 2009, 10:01
An argument between the 2 biggest cyber cretins on the board. Fantastic!

PS Obviously not you BP or Rup.