PDA

View Full Version : Online Timesheets

HowCanIHelp
18th March 2009, 11:37
Hey Everyone,

Need Some Help is possible. I am brand new to the contracting scene and need some information from you fellow contractors that have been around for a while and know what to look out for.

I have just started a new contract and my agency does not have an online timesheet system which is amusing considering technology these days.

Has anyone used online timesheets systems in the past and if so what are the Pro's and Con's to these systems.

Is it a case that most contractors would prefer to manually complete a timesheet then fax it or do these systems have a lot to offer. My agency didnt seem to think so. Having never used one i can only go on what i have been told but i want to dig into this and find out what everyone else thinks?

Your help would be much appreciated. If you could let me know what systems you have used and the ups and downs to systems used that would be great.

Thanks

Svalbaard
18th March 2009, 11:52
Why amusing?

A lot of larger agencies don't have online timesheeting systems and I've never had a problem popping them in the post with my expense receipts at the end of the month.

Most of the client facing direct billing/online timesheet systems I've used have been plugged directly into corporate SAP - but most agencies still require a signed timesheet to be faxed or sent in directly for reconciliation purposes.

minestrone
18th March 2009, 11:58
Some agencies tend to conveniently lose Faxs quite often.

BrilloPad
18th March 2009, 12:00
I use an online system and it is great : then so is my agent! Modis since you ask......

If agents give issues then chasing up paper is easier than chasing up online stuff.

Pondlife
18th March 2009, 12:05
Excel and print to PDF, then email.

Why complicate things?

zara_backdog
18th March 2009, 12:10
Used paper and online systems.

As long as they get authorised by ClientCo and paid by Pimp on time - Who cares!

Svalbaard
18th March 2009, 12:12
Some agencies tend to conveniently lose Faxs quite often.

Not had this happen in 15 years of contracting.

Name and shame?

wurzel
18th March 2009, 12:18

Name and shame?

Preferred IT - lost an invoice I faxed them with the net result I missed their monthly pay run & got payed 4 weeks late
Pathway - lost a copy of my VAT registration certificate. Ditto above.

zara_backdog
18th March 2009, 12:21
Preferred IT - lost an invoice I faxed them with the net result I missed their monthly pay run & got payed 4 weeks late
Pathway - lost a copy of my VAT registration certificate. Ditto above.

Preferred IT now have an Online system now. Well they did last year.

minestrone
18th March 2009, 12:27

Name and shame?

Elan were shocking for it at last year, I mean, really shocking. All the contractors on site with Elan had issues. Modis made up the rest of the contractors and they were always paid on time.

denver2k
18th March 2009, 12:28
I fill timesheets on online system of ClientCo, then Manager approves it and i receive an email that its approved and agency also receives that.

I hate doing manual work so its great for me.

darmstadt
18th March 2009, 12:37
I get a timesheet signed, make 2 copies. One goes to 1 company with an invoice and the other goes to another company (I'm employed as a consultant to a consultancy who have sub-contracted me to a software company where I'm working at a governments IT service provider, hoops.) The last few I didn't have to bother even getting them signed, trust. I've used 1 online timesheet system and it was pants, ran on SAP and confused the buggery out of green screen me!

Torran
18th March 2009, 12:38
I fill timesheets on online system of ClientCo, then Manager approves it and i receive an email that its approved and agency also receives that.

I hate doing manual work so its great for me.

thats for me too :smokin

Cyberman
18th March 2009, 12:41
Online timesheets are excellent. :yay:

NotAllThere
18th March 2009, 13:31
I use an online system and it is great : then so is my agent! Modis since you ask...

With modis, I used clients electronic timesheets, printed them off, got them signed, faxed through. Emailed pdf of invoice. Money in the bank the next day.

Current agency/client. Fill in clients electronic timesheets, print off agency's timesheet, get signed. Send agency timesheet + invoice in the mail. 21 days later (or earlier) money in the bank. I think the agency have an electronic invoicing/timesheet malarky, but never bothered looking.

BrollyBonce
18th March 2009, 21:46

Name and shame?Elan lost all my ID that was faxed to them.

Plexus (now gone away) lost faxes.

BrowneIssue
23rd March 2009, 22:27
I trust paper and multi-part stationery.

I do NOT trust computers.

HowCanIHelp
24th March 2009, 08:29
Ok thanks for the information............................for those that use online systems on a weekly/monthly basis, can you advise me of any Pro's and Con's to using them.

If it was a case that paper timesheets were only used as a last resort what would you want to see from a online system functionality wise.

I might end up designing one :)