• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Online Timesheets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online Timesheets

Hey Everyone,

Need Some Help is possible. I am brand new to the contracting scene and need some information from you fellow contractors that have been around for a while and know what to look out for.

I have just started a new contract and my agency does not have an online timesheet system which is amusing considering technology these days.

Has anyone used online timesheets systems in the past and if so what are the Pro's and Con's to these systems.

Is it a case that most contractors would prefer to manually complete a timesheet then fax it or do these systems have a lot to offer. My agency didnt seem to think so. Having never used one i can only go on what i have been told but i want to dig into this and find out what everyone else thinks?

Your help would be much appreciated. If you could let me know what systems you have used and the ups and downs to systems used that would be great.

Thanks

Why amusing?

A lot of larger agencies don't have online timesheeting systems and I've never had a problem popping them in the post with my expense receipts at the end of the month.

Most of the client facing direct billing/online timesheet systems I've used have been plugged directly into corporate SAP - but most agencies still require a signed timesheet to be faxed or sent in directly for reconciliation purposes.
    Last edited by Svalbaard; 18 March 2009, 12:13.
    Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Some agencies tend to conveniently lose Faxs quite often.

Comment

I use an online system and it is great : then so is my agent! Modis since you ask......

If agents give issues then chasing up paper is easier than chasing up online stuff.

Comment

Excel and print to PDF, then email.

Why complicate things?

Comment

Used paper and online systems.

As long as they get authorised by ClientCo and paid by Pimp on time - Who cares!
            Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              Some agencies tend to conveniently lose Faxs quite often.
              Not had this happen in 15 years of contracting.

Name and shame?
              Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Svalbaard View Post

Name and shame?
                Preferred IT - lost an invoice I faxed them with the net result I missed their monthly pay run & got payed 4 weeks late
                Pathway - lost a copy of my VAT registration certificate. Ditto above.

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
                  Preferred IT - lost an invoice I faxed them with the net result I missed their monthly pay run & got payed 4 weeks late
                  Pathway - lost a copy of my VAT registration certificate. Ditto above.
                  Preferred IT now have an Online system now. Well they did last year.
                  Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by Svalbaard View Post

Name and shame?
                    Elan were shocking for it at last year, I mean, really shocking. All the contractors on site with Elan had issues. Modis made up the rest of the contractors and they were always paid on time.

Comment

Working...
                    X