• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan B - £60K in the bag

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plan B - £60K in the bag

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7950540.stm

The Metropolitan Police has agreed to pay £60,000 damages to a man it arrested during an anti-terror raid.

The High Court heard that Babar Ahmad was subjected to "serious gratuitous prolonged unjustified violence" and "religious abuse" after his arrest.

Mr Ahmad, a 34-year-old IT support analyst, was never charged following the dawn raid at his home in Tooting, south west London, in December 2003.

He is now in jail awaiting extradition to the US on separate charges.

Easy money.

And free accommodation too. Sorted.

Comment

And a holiday in the States....

Nice...
      'elf and safety guru

Comment

There's one guy in Britain who can pay off his credit cards.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7950540.stm

The Metropolitan Police has agreed to pay £60,000 damages to a man it arrested during an anti-terror raid.

The High Court heard that Babar Ahmad was subjected to "serious gratuitous prolonged unjustified violence" and "religious abuse" after his arrest.

Mr Ahmad, a 34-year-old IT support analyst, was never charged following the dawn raid at his home in Tooting, south west London, in December 2003.

He is now in jail awaiting extradition to the US on separate charges.

Easy money.

Let's hope he gets locked up if he is guilty, so that he cannot spend it too soon.

Comment

religious abuse? does that apply to Christians, if so I have so many people I could go and sue for "offending" me.

sorry I forgot, laws are not applied equally anymore

Comment

Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
              religious abuse? does that apply to Christians, if so I have so many people I could go and sue for "offending" me.

sorry I forgot, laws are not applied equally anymore
              Yes they are, its just that some religions are more equal than others.

HTH
              "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I think the £60k may have been primarily awarded for the, and I quote:

"serious gratuitous prolonged unjustified violence"
                Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
                  Yes they are, its just that some religions are more equal than others.

HTH
                  yes, why's that then

Comment

Working...
                  X