• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What recession? Come work for me!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What recession? Come work for me!

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=407

Public sector employment increased by 15,000 (seasonally adjusted) in the fourth quarter of 2008 to 5.783 million.

Employment in the private sector decreased by 13,000 in the fourth quarter.

A British public sector job for every Labour voter.
    If you've got a problem and no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire...Gordon Brown ...( cue music )

I read a story yesterday of a lady parking at a hospital when she noticed two guys that appeared to be dressed as traffic wardens. When she got closer, she saw that they had the words 'no smoking warden' on their uniforms. Good use of public money that !!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
      I read a story yesterday of a lady parking at a hospital when she noticed two guys that appeared to be dressed as traffic wardens. When she got closer, she saw that they had the words 'no smoking warden' on their uniforms. Good use of public money that !!
      Gordon creates jobs to keep people off benefits and still you complain

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
        Gordon creates jobs to keep people off benefits and still you complain

Gordon creates jobs to win votes, not to keep them off benefits.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
          Gordon creates jobs to win votes
          He is unique in this regard is he?

Comment

population UK circa 60m

I estimate not working is circa 6 mil (see below, when JSA=0.8 mil)*
            Public sector circa 6 mil (from above)
            Working population circa 27 million

Which means just under half of working age people in the the UK are unemployed or in the public sector. Looks like only SASguru is keeping this country going!

*"4.7 million people were in receipt of an out-of-work benefit in February 2008. Of these, 2.7 million (60%) were sick or disabled, 0.8 million (17%) were unemployed and 0.7 million (16%) were lone parents.
            The total of 4.7 million compares with 5.5 million in 1998.
            Most of the fall has been in unemployed claimants, the numbers of whom almost halved over the period. In contrast, the number of sick or disabled claimants remained broadly unchanged.
            Sick and disabled people now make up three-fifths of all working-age people in receipt of an out-of-work benefit. "
            Last edited by Bagpuss; 18 March 2009, 14:17.
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
              He is unique in this regard is he?

Indeed he is. Just look at the number of worthless non-jobs that now exist in the public sector that did not exist prior to 1997.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Brown View Post
                http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=407

Public sector employment increased by 15,000 (seasonally adjusted) in the fourth quarter of 2008 to 5.783 million.

Employment in the private sector decreased by 13,000 in the fourth quarter.

A British public sector job for every Labour voter.
                Gordon your posts have bought joy to my cold heart today. I'm still not going to vote for you though.

Sorry.
                Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post

Which means just under half of working age people in the the UK are unemployed or in the public sector. Looks like only SASguru is keeping this country going!

"
                  Nah -it's us expats sending back remittances. UK are follwing the Phillipines model for economic success & prosperity.
                  Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    Looks like only SASguru is keeping this country going!

"

Aye my taxes alone must keep several lazy families in the style to which they are accustomed.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X