• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Frenchies on strike

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frenchies on strike

General strike in France today in protest about naff economic policies.

Time we did the same perhaps?
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post

There is no need to strike in the UK workers paradise - striking is a disesase from states cursed by capitalism comrade PMJ.

Comment

I'd strike if I had a salary, but seeing as I work for myself it's not really very wise. I'd sooner suggest that employees and employers join together in a 'tax strike', withholding taxes until a general election is held.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        I'd strike if I had a salary, but seeing as I work for myself it's not really very wise. I'd sooner suggest that employees and employers join together in a 'tax strike', withholding taxes until a general election is held.
        By "we" I didn't mean "we" as in "us", I meant "we" as in "them" as in "those who earn a salary" or as in "those who earned a salary but don't now because they've lost their job"

...or "anyone who hates Labour"
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

By "we" I didn't mean "we" as in "us", I meant "we" as in "them" as in "those who earn a salary" or as in "those who earned a salary but don't now because they've lost their job"

...or "anyone who hates Labour"
          C'est bonnet blanc et blanc bonnet.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

They are striking because of public sector cuts. I don't see any here yet do you ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Wait till you get benched....It will be all set for you to strike .....

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                C'est bonnet blanc et blanc bonnet.
                Mais oui, et plus tôt le chacun cesse de travailler et cesse de payer des impôts, plus il sera pour le gouvernement mauvais et plus nous aurons une élection tôt!!

Comment

You have to admire the French. New parking enforcement in Paris resulted on the parking dept office being burnt down.

They have the gumption demonstrate en-masse about the government.

Contrast that with the UK..
                  The only thing that would force civil unrest in this country would be lack of news of Jade Goody or KFC going bust
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    You have to admire the French. New parking enforcement in Paris resulted on the parking dept office being burnt down.

They have the gumption demonstrate en-masse about the government.
                    Yep, and they tend to enjoy a damn good dinner afterwards. You can’t really say they’re wrong.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X