PDA

View Full Version : Frenchies on strike

PM-Junkie
19th March 2009, 09:04
General strike in France today in protest about naff economic policies.

Time we did the same perhaps?

AlfredJPruffock
19th March 2009, 09:07

There is no need to strike in the UK workers paradise - striking is a disesase from states cursed by capitalism comrade PMJ.

Mich the Tester
19th March 2009, 09:49

Time we did the same perhaps?I'd strike if I had a salary, but seeing as I work for myself it's not really very wise. I'd sooner suggest that employees and employers join together in a 'tax strike', withholding taxes until a general election is held.

PM-Junkie
19th March 2009, 09:52
I'd strike if I had a salary, but seeing as I work for myself it's not really very wise. I'd sooner suggest that employees and employers join together in a 'tax strike', withholding taxes until a general election is held.
By "we" I didn't mean "we" as in "us", I meant "we" as in "them" as in "those who earn a salary" or as in "those who earned a salary but don't now because they've lost their job" ;)

...or "anyone who hates Labour"

threaded
19th March 2009, 10:15
By "we" I didn't mean "we" as in "us", I meant "we" as in "them" as in "those who earn a salary" or as in "those who earned a salary but don't now because they've lost their job" ;)

...or "anyone who hates Labour"

C'est bonnet blanc et blanc bonnet.

Cyberman
19th March 2009, 10:20

They are striking because of public sector cuts. I don't see any here yet do you ? :laugh

denver2k
19th March 2009, 10:23
I'd strike if I had a salary, but seeing as I work for myself it's not really very wise. I'd sooner suggest that employees and employers join together in a 'tax strike', withholding taxes until a general election is held.

Wait till you get benched....It will be all set for you to strike .....:wink

PM-Junkie
19th March 2009, 10:26
Mais oui, et plus tôt le chacun cesse de travailler et cesse de payer des impôts, plus il sera pour le gouvernement mauvais et plus nous aurons une élection tôt!!

Bagpuss
19th March 2009, 10:26
You have to admire the French. New parking enforcement in Paris resulted on the parking dept office being burnt down.

They have the gumption demonstrate en-masse about the government.

Contrast that with the UK..
The only thing that would force civil unrest in this country would be lack of news of Jade Goody or KFC going bust

Mich the Tester
19th March 2009, 10:33
You have to admire the French. New parking enforcement in Paris resulted on the parking dept office being burnt down.

They have the gumption demonstrate en-masse about the government.

Yep, and they tend to enjoy a damn good dinner afterwards. You can’t really say they’re wrong.

Andy2
19th March 2009, 10:42

You have a bee in your bonnet ?