PDA

View Full Version : Doom in technicolour

M_B
19th March 2009, 12:33
Apologies if this has already been posted.

2009 Doom in colour (http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/03/scenes_from_the_recession.html)

Mich the Tester
19th March 2009, 12:40
It brings home the stupidity of it all. Unemployed people desperately looking for work. Unemployed homes that need people to finish building them. Unsold cars that could take people to the homes that need finishing. Unused containers and cranes that could move the materials onto ships and bring them to the homes that need finishing and the people who do the finishing.

It's a damning indictment of human stupidity that we can't seem to find a way out of this waste. I'm not saying communism would be better; that was even worse, but there must be a better way to do things than this.

threaded
19th March 2009, 12:43
It brings home the stupidity of it all. Unemployed people desperately looking for work. Unemployed homes that need people to finish building them. Unsold cars that could take people to the homes that need finishing. Unused containers and cranes that could move the materials onto ships and bring them to the homes that need finishing and the people who do the finishing.

It's a damning indictment of human stupidity that we can't seem to find a way out of this waste. I'm not saying communism would be better; that was even worse, but there must be a better way to do things than this.

The answer is in the bible: Deuteronomy 15:1

expat
19th March 2009, 12:44
I don't apply for jobs that I'm not capable of doing. It is becoming clear that all politicians do.

Mich the Tester
19th March 2009, 12:44
The answer is in the bible: Deuteronomy 15:1No, that's been tried before too. It led to lots of nasty wars, some of which continue to this day.

jkoder
19th March 2009, 12:51
I like the Antarctica Big Picture they did.

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2008/11/scenes_from_antarctica.html

NotAllThere
19th March 2009, 13:01
Deut: 15:1 "At the end of every seven-year period you shall have a relaxation of debts, "

No, that's been tried before too. It led to lots of nasty wars, some of which continue to this day.

Did it?

Mich the Tester
19th March 2009, 13:06
Deut: 15:1 "At the end of every seven-year period you shall have a relaxation of debts, "

Did it?
Oh that bit. Oh all right, sounds fun. Should I rush out and max out my credit cards first? Perhaps I'll buy a Maserati on HP.

I don't think Mrs Tester could survive a seven year period though.

NotAllThere
19th March 2009, 13:06
Depression hits losers the hardest

From the onion. Classic.

Moscow Mule
19th March 2009, 13:18
Christo en bici!

One family bought a 2,062-square foot home in the Finger Lakes region of upstate New York for just $12, 500 or $6 per square foot, according to the New York Post.

Liability
19th March 2009, 13:33
Brother in Law just moved to Atlanta

He is looking at $200k houses that were $1.8million few years back. 8000SQFT Plus with everything youd ever want.

Hard to beleive unless you see the state of some of the places in the USA which is going unreported - the scale of unemployment and its effects are far worse than what is being reported

Svalbaard
19th March 2009, 13:39
In pic 7. at least in Kazakhstan the locals can get out and do some decent off-piste by the looks of it.