• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plumbing Question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plumbing Question

My sink and bath (hot) taps used to gush immediately when turned.

Nowadays there is no water for a couple of seconds, then much less of a gush. The pressure is really much lower than it used to be. And the tap has to be fully open for any volume of water to flow.

Also there's the occasional rumbling from the taps when turned which I believe indicates some air in the system?

Any ideas what the problem might be?

(Yes of course I'll call a proper plumber in due course but I'd like to have some idea what the problem is).

TIA

Failed to pay the water bill.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post

(Yes of course I'll call a proper plumber in due course but I'd like to have some idea what the problem is).

TIA
      It doesn't matter how much you pretend to know.... the Plumber will still overcharge!

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        My sink and bath (hot) taps used to gush immediately when turned.

Nowadays there is no water for a couple of seconds, then much less of a gush. The pressure is really much lower than it used to be. And the tap has to be fully open for any volume of water to flow.

Also there's the occasional rumbling from the taps when turned which I believe indicates some air in the system?

TIA
        Tank fed or combi system?
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

You need to clean out your pipes. Ask Mrs Platypus to do it or else do it yourself.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Tank fed or combi system?
            Tank fed.

Comment

Had a similar problem. Got my old man to come round and all he did was take the tap apart, clean out the washer and put it back together. Woking better than ever now.
              If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you!

Comment

Why not try a plumbing forum?

(meant as a reasonable reply rather than sarcasm)
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

African or European?
                  Originally posted by cailin maith
                  Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    Why not try a plumbing forum?
                    Because people here know everything.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X