• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Someone tried to sell me a permie job

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone tried to sell me a permie job

Senior tester - Database - Java - XML - backend testen - Utrecht

BLA BLA BLA…

Requirements
    * Knowledge of databases, Java and XML
    * Experience with automated testing
    * An academic level (preferably Mathematics, Physics or Computer Science)
    * Minimum 3 years experience as Quality/Test Engineer with backend testing
    * Experience with GUI test tools such as Winrunner, QF-Test, or open source tools such as TPTP AGR
    * Knowledge of structured testing, automated testing and functional test techniques such as TestFrame®, Tmap®, TMM or TPI
    * Knowledge of Web technology
    * Good knowledge of Dutch and English both written and spoken
    * Experience with Linux and Microsoft Windows

What do you get?
    Flexible working hours and a salary matching your knowledge and experience from €2500-€5000 gross a month. They offer a bonus- scheme depending on the company profit. They pay for your travel costs, pension and net expenses €55 a month. They all eat lunch together and have fruit, juices, cup a soup and sultana’s to take whenever you want. On top of that they offer the best coffee in the world!
    You will get a one-year contract with 1-month trail and 1 month notice. If you are sporty you can go to the gym around the corner for €10 a month.

What is this about? in return for my work I get fruit, juice, sultanas and powdered soup together with a bunch of geeks and the opportunity to spend my crap salary in the gym around the corner? Since when has ‘the right to spend your money in the shop of your own choice’ been an attractive reason to work for someone?
    Last edited by Mich the Tester; 19 March 2009, 14:31.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

sounds like a bunch of tree hugging hippy crap!

Comment

You get paid in lentils and museli.

Comment

You're not sporty then?
        'elf and safety guru

Comment

Originally posted by thelace View Post
          You're not sporty then?
          Yes. I have my own gym in the garage; something I would never have been able to afford as a permie.

Comment

Whats wrong with fruit juice and sultanas ?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
              Whats wrong with fruit juice and sultanas ?
              They give me the tulips.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Yes. I have my own gym in the garage; something I would never have been able to afford as a permie.
                Pah - plastic contractor. You should have a Ferrari in your garage like the rest of us.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                  Pah - plastic contractor. You should have a Ferrari in your garage like the rest of us.
                  What, one of those Ferraris that everyone's heard about but nobody's ever seen?

Comment

sorry off topic slightly - but why would a tester need to know java?

The xml and databases - ok will accept that a tester may need to go look see what is in there.

but java?
                    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Working...
                    X