• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

British Empire - good or bad?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've already exposed the fallacy in leftie-liberal thinking on this one. They deny that such a thing as indigenous peoples and cultures exist in order to justify the mass immigration policies they like. Yet they would also oppose the British empire or indeed any colonisation as it would involve imposing the colonisers way of life on the colonised.

the only way to explain this leftie-liberal flaw is that they want to create a global communist system and so things like patriotism, religion, culture pertaining to individual nations need to be dismantled

Brittas Empire? No. Not very good.
    I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by contractor79 View Post

I've already exposed the fallacy in leftie-liberal thinking on this one. They deny that such a thing as indigenous peoples and cultures exist in order to justify the mass immigration policies they like. Yet they would also oppose the British empire or indeed any colonisation as it would involve imposing the colonisers way of life on the colonised.

the only way to explain this leftie-liberal flaw is that they want to create a global communist system and so things like patriotism, religion, culture pertaining to individual nations need to be dismantled
      Sigh. To which of you does this tedious sock-puppet belong?
      It's not working you know.
      sasguru's 1st rule of creating a sock-puppet:

1. A SOCK-PUPPET HAS TO HAVE A CREDIBLE LEVEL OF INTELLIGENCE.

HTH
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

They deny that such a thing as indigenous peoples and cultures exist in order to justify the mass immigration policies they like.
        Provide evidence for this claim.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Provide evidence for this claim.
          they keep on saying "we're all immigrants", technically correct but actually rather useless. A bit like saying "we're all human" when deciding if we need to separate mass murderers from the family of the murder victims.

Comment

. A bit like saying "we're all human" when deciding if we need to separate mass murderers from the family of the murder victims.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Sigh. To which of you does this tedious sock-puppet belong?
              It's not working you know.
              sasguru's 1st rule of creating a sock-puppet:

1. A SOCK-PUPPET HAS TO HAVE A CREDIBLE LEVEL OF INTELLIGENCE.

HTH
              Just like AtW was?

'elf and safety guru

Comment

Originally posted by thelace View Post
                Just like AtW was?

Exactly.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

they keep on saying "we're all immigrants", technically correct but actually rather useless. A bit like saying "we're all human" when deciding if we need to separate mass murderers from the family of the murder victims.
                  Well I wouldn't have quite put it like that. I'd have said:

"I should allow people to move into my house because I too once moved into it."

Then you could work the metaphor, such as "Why should someone else benefit from the food in the fridge, leave no room on my settee, etc etc?"

That's difficult to do with mass murderers.

Comment

Not very good. Was trading up around £5 per share this time last year and is now down around £3.50.
                    Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Working...
                    X