• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No Future?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Future?

[chief executive of the Association of Technology Staffing Companies] Ann Swain reflected: “How will organisations recruit IT staff for mid to senior level roles if there are no entry-level jobs left in the UK for people to progress from?"

Smartest observation I've seen from Ann Swain, or any other industry pundit, for many a long year.

Erm,

isn't that the very same Ann Swain who lobbied hard for ATSCO agencies to be able to ship in boat loads of FTVs not so long ago?

Next week shell be saying we need to extend the Highly Skilled Migrant Program in order to offset the shortage of mid to senior level talent in the UK.
    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Good point. Anyway, pundit is an Indian word. Hope to offshore them soon.

Comment

You want to offshore Indians? Theres a Tsunami joke buried in there somewhere....
        Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by expat
          [chief executive of the Association of Technology Staffing Companies] Ann Swain reflected: “How will organisations recruit IT staff for mid to senior level roles if there are no entry-level jobs left in the UK for people to progress from?"

Smartest observation I've seen from Ann Swain, or any other industry pundit, for many a long year.
          Read between the lines.

All she is suggesting is that agencies can't widen their margins by sending in senior bods in junior roles or knocking out the more experience and expensive contractors to make was for niaive and cheaper contractors who don't have a clue how recruitment really operates.

Do not trust this woman.

Comment

Are we allowed to advocate assasination on this board?
            Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Hang on chaps.....

So there is going to be a shortage of experienced people. Now what does that mean.

hint

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
                Erm,

isn't that the very same Ann Swain who lobbied hard for ATSCO agencies to be able to ship in boat loads of FTVs not so long ago?
                Yes, and it is the very same Ann Swain that made a TV program with the head of the Inland Revenue supporting IR35, and telling contractors how to sign up to it.

No respect here.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                  Yes, and it is the very same Ann Swain that made a TV program with the head of the Inland Revenue supporting IR35, and telling contractors how to sign up to it.

No respect here.
                  Aye W

As they say in Hamilton, Inland Revenue ... is no place for a Gentleman.

Comment

Atsco

Anyone here tried reporting a pimp to that nice Ann Swain at Atsco - I did for an agency that refused to consider my application unless I detailed all my current leads with employers. The sad little fu*ker actually started going through a list of all the companies in the field to see if I would give names and positions of contacts there.

Eventually got an "apology" from the MD of said agency about the "misunderstanding". So am I right in thinking that the regulator is a toothless crone with no powers and that there is little chance of reform in the pimping industry ?

Comment

Working...
                    X