• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Obvious Question...?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obvious Question...?

...what does tulip mean ?
    I have seen many posts stating this but unable to make the connection as to what it refers to each time...
    Am I being a dunce ?

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    ...what does tulip mean ?
    I have seen many posts stating this but unable to make the connection as to what it refers to each time...
    Am I being a dunce ?
    The board has an in-built swearing filter built in that removes the word sh 1te and replaces it with tulip

Comment

tulipe
      Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by fckvwls View Post
        The board has an in-built swearing filter built in that removes the word sh 1te and replaces it with tulip
        That's cool. Fairly new member (Dec) and been typing TULIP for every swearword as I think its kind of nice, and what everyone else does.

So you mean, if I type the word tulip, it will be changed to tulip?

The output of this test plan would be

Lets try it and see .... I feel naughty, having never actually typed a swearword on this forum, well apart from the obvious ones

Government
        Work
        Permies
        Gordon Brown

But the tulip filter does nothing with these.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

So it does!
          Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            That's cool. Fairly new member (Dec) and been typing TULIP for every swearword as I think its kind of nice, and what everyone else does.

The output of this test plan would be

Lets try it and see .... I feel naughty, having never actually typed a swearword on this forum, well apart from the obvious ones

Government
            Work
            Permies
            Gordon Brown

But the tulip filter does nothing with these.
            Wow, it really did change the word tulip to tulip. This is so cool. What other words will it change?

Comment

Wow, it really did change the word tulip to tulip. This is so cool. What other words will it change?
              How about

sh!te
              sh1te
              arsenal
              ar5ena1
              4rsen4l

Just testing.

Up the yids.

Comment

"The principal four-letter words are ****, ****, cock, arse, tulip, piss, and fart"
                -- Montagu, The Anatomy of Swearing, pub. Rapp & Whiting, London 1968, p. 303.

So you get four out of seven.

I might add that the first two did not even appear in the Oxford English Dictionary until 1972, so it is clearly possible to do without them.
                Last edited by expat; 19 March 2009, 23:29.

Comment

How about

sh!te
                  tulipe
                  arsenal
                  ar5ena1
                  4rsen4l

Just testing.

Up the yids.
                  It's probably best not to test the sweary filter unless you fancy a little time on the naughty step
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I have often wondered how so much tulip gets through filters and moderators.

I don't mean the sweary tulip I mean the unadulterated tulip that doesn't appear to be filtered by rational thought before posting......

tulip did I just post that?

Comment

Working...
                    X