• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK economy will be back in growth by late 2009

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK economy will be back in growth by late 2009

You heard it here first.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

no way Jose
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Joker !!

Comment

Who's clearing the government's £2 trn debt for them then?

What about the 3M (official) unemployed by then?

Comment

Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying its a good thing.

Never in the history of past recessions has such a stimulus been applied, so no one knows what will happen. Current predictions are based on past behaviour which were dealt with solely by lowering interest rates in high-interest rate environments.

Eventually the quantitative easing will kick in with a wallop.

End result: inflation, another boom in credit and a temporary feel good factor that does nothing to solve the real crisis in the British economy -which is that it doesn't make enough.

I'm emigrating.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Who's clearing the government's £2 trn debt for them then?

What about the 3M (official) unemployed by then?
            There were more than 3M unemployed even in the "boom".

Government strategy is for a dose of inflation to erode debts.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying its a good thing.

Never in the history of past recessions has such a stimulus been applied, so no one knows what will happen. Current predictions are based on past behaviour which were dealt with solely by lowering interest rates in high-interest rate environments.

End result: inflation, another boom in credit and a temporary feel good factor that does nothing to solve the real crisis in the British economy -which is that it doesn't make enough.

I'm emigrating.
              I agree with all that : but why does it mean we will be growing by late 2009?

Comment

Doom will carry on until the run up to the Olympics

IMHO
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

There were more than 3M unemployed even in the "boom".

True, but most of those were by choice with for example 2.7m- 3m people living on incapacity benefits, a million or so students and people between jobs that do not show in the figures, and those with savings that do not claim. Now we have a massive increase in unemployment that is not down to choice, but due to HMG economic incompetence, and total unemployment will be more like 10 million if you include all of the workless.

Comment

Never in the history of past recessions has such a stimulus been applied, so no one knows what will happen.

End result: inflation
                    Sas, look at what happend in Japan after their QE efforts. What makes you think the goverment will get this one right? QE is designed to create inflation, but it will fail. There is no way we will print fast enough to replace all the credit that is being destroyed.

And who wants to borrow in the environment? The new money will just sit hoarded in banks.

Inflation is a red herring. Dont believe the hype.
                    The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Working...
                    X