• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

1970s jokes resurrected.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1970s jokes resurrected.

Q: How do you start a small business?
    A: Buy a big one and wait.

Headline: British scientists to create 'synthetic' blood
    Comment: That won't fool the taxman.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Why is Bill Wyman like a tortoise ?

because he gets there before the hair
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

what sings and comes in a yellow bag ?

John Lennon
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
        And that was from their science correspondent? Where do they find these ignoramusses to work in the media?

"British scientists to create 'synthetic' blood"
        No, it is not synthetic if it comes from stem cells from embryos. Science fiction has far better terms for cells bred in vats but synthetic is not one of them. These are not artificial, they are real human blood cells.

It is not 'blood' they are making, it is red blood cells.

"Scientists in Britain plan to become the first in the world to produce unlimited amounts of synthetic human blood"
        Much as I hate to admit it, the Septics were doing this during the Vietnam War.

"It could help to save the lives of ... soldiers on a battlefield"
        Major trauma from blood loss does not require replacement red blood cells. It requires replacement plasma to make up the fluid content. You can continue to live with enormous red blood cell loss, but not the fluid loss. The Septics use a synthetic plasma (yes, really synthetic) to replace blood and it works more effectively than our method of blood transfusion. An annoying fact, but a fact.

This is a politically controversial solution to a funding problem looking for a medical problem to hide behind. Anybody else see a roadmap to Jefferson 37 here?

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          what sings and comes in a yellow bag ?

John Lennon
          Don't get it.
          Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Svalbaard View Post
            Don't get it.
            English is not your first language is it ?
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              English is not your first language is it ?
              Yes it is thanks. Just can't see where the joke is.

If it's too hard, or too much effort for you to explain in a civil manner then I understand.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Yes it is thanks. Just can't see where the joke is.

If it's too hard, or too much effort for you to explain in a civil manner then I understand.
                Blonde, huh?

Clue: the yellow bag wasn't.

Comment

We'll help you through it Svalbaard...

Who was John Lennon married to?

It's not quite so funny when you have to explain it though...
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                    We'll help you through it Svalbaard...

Who was John Lennon married to?

It's not quite so funny when you have to explain it though...
                    Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X