• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Forced to lie!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forced to lie!

I'm not really happy about this, but I know its the way of the contracting world.
    There are 3 of us on a short term project, I was asked over a week ago if I'd stay on til May, I said yes and was told not to mention it to the other two chaps as there was not enough budget for all 3 of us.
    I have since learnt that I'm the only one being kept on (- yay for me, I agree)
    BUT one of the chaps asked me this morning if I'd heard about any extensions, I had to say no.
    I really didn't like lying to him and its not my place to tell him what's going on, i just feel really bad about not telling him the truth.

I just needed to whinge about this and I know that a lot of you will laugh and just say I'm being a bit daft
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

WWGD? Shame on you!

Comment

Not forced to lie at all.....you could simply have said "why, have you heard anything??" and moved the discussion so that you're not actually answering the original question.

'tis a useful skill
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Foxy Moron View Post
        WWGD? Shame on you!

Comment

I had to do the same recently, felt a bit sorry for the guy when he asked.

I thought clientCo should not have put me into that position.

Comment

consider the lillies, ahhhhhh

Comment

*waves from the bench*

If that's the worst problem you have today then count yourself lucky!

Comment

Originally posted by Foxy Moron View Post
                consider the lillies, ahhhhhh
                e's avin a go at the flowers now!

Please dont start me off on Life of Brian quotes - I'll never get anything done this afternoon!

Comment

As painful as it may have been - always tell the truth - it always comes out in the End.

The Darkness cannot obscure the Light

Comment

You can never become a politician

Comment

Working...
                    X