PDA

View Full Version : Is my colleague telling lies to me?

Foxy Moron
23rd March 2009, 14:00
I'm worried that my client might not renew me. Not far off contract end and heard nothing. one of the other contractors in the same boat, bit of an arse licker, asked her if she heard anything, she says no. Something's a bit fishy, but she's the religious type so I trust her to tell me if something is going on.
God would punnish her otherwise, non?

Ruprect
23rd March 2009, 14:01
I'm worried that my client might not renew me. Not far off contract end and heard nothing. one of the other contractors in the same boat, bit of an arse licker, asked her if she heard anything, she says no. Something's a bit fishy, but she's the religious type so I trust her to tell me if something is going on.
God would punnish her otherwise, non?

:spel punish

Foxy Moron
23rd March 2009, 14:02
OK don't puNNish me

EternalOptimist
23rd March 2009, 14:03
The general view is that although God may punish her, religious types like to get in first, on Gods behalf. So feel free to twang her suspender elastic and to inflict other appropriate punishments

:rolleyes:

Pogle
23rd March 2009, 14:05
The general view is that although God may punish her, religious types like to get in first, on Gods behalf. So feel free to twang her suspender elastic and to inflict other appropriate punishments

:rolleyes:

Is that your little fantasy EO ???

AlfredJPruffock
23rd March 2009, 14:08
OK don't puNNish me

For all you know - had your contract been extended- then perhaps you could have been killed traveliing to work - or its because you are destined for greater things.

Ive had situtaitons before when I missed an opportunity - cursed my luck - then a few months down the road realised I was lucky not to get that chance after all as then I would not have the marvellous opportunity which arose later.

Dont forget - Alf Acts in Mysterious Ways.

Andy2
23rd March 2009, 14:21
She is a liar
Spank her hard :spank:

Clippy
23rd March 2009, 15:23
She is a liar

Ooh, you are naughty...

BrollyBonce
23rd March 2009, 15:28
She is a liar

Ooh, you are naughty...And I thought it was just the "test please delete" thread that was 'strange'.

MPwannadecentincome
23rd March 2009, 17:05
you don't work with Pogle do you? See "forced to lie"

thunderlizard
23rd March 2009, 17:24
She's not your colleague, she works for a different company with a contract with the same client. She's one of your competitors.

blacjac
23rd March 2009, 17:31
you don't work with Pogle do you? See "forced to lie"

Don't quite 'get' the General forum do you?

:wink

MPwannadecentincome
23rd March 2009, 21:02

nope you're right - straight over my head!

BrilloPad
23rd March 2009, 21:18

Does anyone "get" the general forum? If so, please explain.

Cheers

FarmerPalmer
23rd March 2009, 21:44
I'm worried that my client might not renew me.

Why?
if they don't, get another contract ... that is contracting

I've been told I might not get renewed because they have some permie staff on another project twiddling their thumbs that they could reallocate. I've got 3 weeks cover left ... so I guess I'll find out in 3 weeks time then. My CV is up to date, just in case.

Ivor Bigun
23rd March 2009, 22:21
Does anyone "get" the general forum? If so, please explain.

Cheers

http://forums.contractoruk.com/general/40333-forced-lie.html
fresh fish
*Sigh*

TheFaQQer
23rd March 2009, 22:31
http://forums.contractoruk.com/general/40333-forced-lie.html
fresh fish
*Sigh*

I think it was a more general comment about the level of posting in General, rather than linked to your specific post.

BrilloPad
24th March 2009, 07:29
I think it was a more general comment about the level of posting in General, rather than linked to your specific post.

booooo : I was enjoying the irony : now its just sarcasm ;)

Anyway no point in responding to anything Ivor The Troll says : after the racism thread I am amazed he has not been banned.

BlightyBoy
24th March 2009, 09:10
She's not your colleague, she works for a different company with a contract with the same client. She's one of your competitors.

Maybe your "colleague" has the same philosophy as thunderlizard and hence she isn't giving you any clues.

In my experience, when it comes to contract extensions, terms, rates etc. you cannot trust another contractor to be honest with you, in the same way I will often give a less than truthful positive spin when asked similar questions.

Ivor Bigun
24th March 2009, 09:33
Anyway no point in responding to anything Ivor The Troll says : .

LOL - my very own stalker! You blink first - You lose