• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

the dublin contract market, anyone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the dublin contract market, anyone

i'm considering working in dublin for 6 months or so and want to hear people's thoughts on the contract market over there.

i've read a thread on here that thinks ireland's economy is on the brink of collapse but i still see roles advertised at rates that aren't that bad.

i've got family over there so would stay in dublin with my aunt for a bit... i just feel like a change really. any opinions?

Originally posted by catboy View Post
    i'm considering working in dublin for 6 months or so and want to hear people's thoughts on the contract market over there.

i've read a thread on here that thinks ireland's economy is on the brink of collapse but i still see roles advertised at rates that aren't that bad.

i've got family over there so would stay in dublin with my aunt for a bit... i just feel like a change really. any opinions?
    If it's a good role with a reasonable rate of pay and you've got a decent offer of accomodation my attitude would be go for it and don't fret. I don't see how you can lose out.

Comment

good point! i've got dual nationality so will that mean i have to pay tax to them or the uk govt does anyone know off the top of their heads?

Comment

Originally posted by catboy View Post
        good point! i've got dual nationality so will that mean i have to pay tax to them or the uk govt does anyone know off the top of their heads?
        That's all down to where you are tax resident, dual nationality doesn't enter into it. I'm not an expert on how long you typically have to be in a country for tax residence to become a major issue, there are quite a few on the board who are though. 6 months seems too short for it to be of any concern.

Comment

A friend recently told me that the market there is really doing well. I just cannot see it but I do not keep up to date with what is going on there so maybe he is right.

Comment

Working...
          X