• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

.Net Contract Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.Net Contract Market

Sorry, I'm sure this has been done before but just found out I'm out of contract as from next month.

An initial scan of jobserve doesn't look too promising. Just wondering how many of you .Net people are on the bench and if there's any sign of an increase in activity due to year end / new budgets etc?

Sorry to hear that Old Bean - are you still in Sunny Spain ?

I think Milan is our resident .net expert - or perhaps DimPrawn ?

Whatever you do - may all of your wishes and dreams come true.

PS have you tried Monster ? Its got a good Spanish section too

Comment

In my area of .Net I have not noticed a reduction in activity from agents.
      "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

I've only been in .NET over the last year and it seems to have nose-dived.

Was even looking good over Christmas when I got this gig, maybe next month?

Anyhow I'm likely to be joining you soon - why do contracts never last more than 3 months anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
          Sorry to hear that Old Bean - are you still in Sunny Spain ?
          Indeed I am but soon to be in Rainy Frome!

Comment

Ah - Frome - I recall from way way back , I ended up hitchhiking from Plymouth to Frome with a friend, way back in Winter of 1981 - the idea was to pay a visit to an acquaintance who lived in a cottage with some New Age types near Frome .

However when we arrived there my friend was disturbed by what he took to be certain mages relating to witchcraft at the cottage - not that I would have noticed but I didnt sleep too well that night !

So I am curious after all these years - does Frome have a history of witchcraft or was my friend perhaps mistaken ?

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
              So I am curious after all these years - does Frome have a history of witchcraft or was my friend perhaps mistaken ?
              I've heard it said (by New Age types) that there is a concentration of "negative energy" in the area, particularly around the Shepton Mallet / Glastonbury area - and yes, there is a proliferation of occultism / wicca / paganism etc in the area.

Never been lucky enough to have a chance encounter with any naked nymphs dancing around a bonfire as yet though.

Comment

I thought .NET was the £600 a day gravy train?
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  I thought .NET was the £600 a day gravy train?
                  It is.
                  "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
                    It is.
                    Shhh...

Comment

Working...
                    X