PDA

View Full Version : Gorden bennet the market is quiet..

scooterscot
24th March 2009, 09:22
Already 9.20am and not one single phone call - should I be concerned?

EternalOptimist
24th March 2009, 09:26

I provide a contractor 'feel good' phone call service.
for £5 a week I make random calls offering an interview for .net contracts at £100 an hour.
for £10, I then follow up with a call telling you that you were just too damned good for the role

whats yer number

:rolleyes:

Bagpuss
24th March 2009, 09:31

Are you Threaded? If not then no

MrMark
24th March 2009, 10:17
for £5 a week I make random calls offering an interview for .net contracts at £100 an hour.
for £10, I then follow up with a call telling you that you were just too damned good for the role

whats yer number

This seems to be the MO of quite a few agents. I don't know who's paying them £10 a go, though.

scooterscot
24th March 2009, 10:28
10:16 - first enquiry of the day! :banana:

phew... was worried there

tim123
24th March 2009, 23:08
I've had two phone calls in three months and you're worried about 50 minutes!

tim

centurian
25th March 2009, 07:44

whats yer number

Don't forget the surcharge for 'reviewing references' with a penalty for not sending them through promptly. It just wouldn't have that sense of realism if references were not demanded

BrowneIssue
25th March 2009, 11:31
I've just had an agent phone me to say "the client has filled the role internally".

Not me phone and chase them, they voluntarily phoned me! I don't think that has happened before.

How bored must they be?

pmeswani
25th March 2009, 11:36
I've just had an agent phone me to say "the client has filled the role internally".

Not me phone and chase them, they voluntarily phoned me! I don't think that has happened before.

How bored must they be?

Very, by the sound of things. I had an agency phone me up yesterday saying that they are still waiting to hear from a client in Newport. At least they are calling, which can be a good thing.

tim123
25th March 2009, 13:32

How bored must they be?

I had one who was so bored he waited a week for me to return from my holiday to phone me to tell me that the job was still open and that I should send him a CV.

And when I did that, he phoned me to tell me that the client had changed the spec (last week) and that I wasn't suitable for this new spec.

he could have done the whole thing in one Phone call instead of two.

But then he wouldn't have got a CV with some new leads on it. Though quite how he thinks there are going to be any leads on it I can't understand. If any of the clients I have worked for over the past 10 years were currently recruiting I would be working there and not have been on the bench for three months!

tim

BrilloPad
25th March 2009, 13:42
10:16 - first enquiry of the day! :banana:

phew... was worried there

Sure it was not a wrong number?

Mehmeh
25th March 2009, 13:58
OMG!

Just checked the boards for the first time in 2 months as my contract will be up in afew weeks....

It's even worse than jan/feb!!! what the hell am I going to do?...guess its back to bargain hunt!