• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spivak's Calculus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spivak's Calculus

Probably the best maths book I've ever read.
    Beginning to understand now - previously I was merely a (rather good) symbol manipulator.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

I'd heard you were a rather a keen 5 digit manipulator
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
      I'd heard you were a rather a keen 5 digit manipulator
      That too.

Not using your Foxy Moron sockpuppet today, then?
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

It's not 'my' sockpuppet
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I gave my son Spivak when he was bored during the school holidays, at age 14. He's now (age 17) working through Axiomatic Set Theory.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            I gave my son Spivak when he was bored during the school holidays
            Do the police know?

Comment

I really enjoyed "The Black Swan" - did anyone else read it?

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                I gave my son Spivak when he was bored during the school holidays, at age 14. He's now (age 17) working through Axiomatic Set Theory.
                Good move. Start em young and give them a head start. Only wish I had the parents/teachers who had the "overview" when I was young.

Still, better late than never, and I'm enjoying it which is the important thing. Talk about late developer.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Good move. Start em young and give them a head start. Only wish I had the parents/teachers who had the "overview" when I was young.

Still, better late than never, and I'm enjoying it which is the important thing. Talk about late developer.
                  When you are 14 you should be out trying to get a stinky finger, not doing calculus on the school holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    When you are 14 you should be out trying to get a stinky finger, not doing calculus on the school holidays.
                    Well you did and look what a misfit you turned out to be.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X