• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone who moved from Icesave to Weavering?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone who moved from Icesave to Weavering?

if so you are *cuk'ed

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-...20-708927.html

I expect AtW(at) to rejoice.
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

It doesn't make me happy to see investors lose their money.

The separation of retail and investment banking (and hedge funds should have bank license in all countries they wish to operate in) actually made sense, it just requires extra responsibility added on top, which is that in the event of large failure bank management goes to jail regardless of the reasons: if someone does not like this rule they should not run bank (or any other responsible job).

Now, I don't think there is the same pattern at Weavering when compared to Iceland - some reports seem to suggest that money were allegedly withdrawn by founders or something like this.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123776842072709741.html

"PricewaterhouseCoopers had been called in to carry out a review, revealing that the fund's single asset comprised a $637 million derivatives trade with the British Virgin Islands-registered company, which couldn't support the deal."

All banking offshores should be closed - those who don't should not be able to get visa to any other country, no bank transfers, no nothing.
    Last edited by AtW; 24 March 2009, 12:37.

Comment

Working...
    X