• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Quantitative Easing working

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quantitative Easing working

it works after all...

QE begins to work
    I'm alright Jack

But when you take into account morgage interest it's actually fallen. Great news for the indebted, not so good for pensioners.
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

That's nothing to do with QE at all.

Comment

QE started in March. The reported February CPI inflation is imported (apparently).

Comment

Originally posted by M_B View Post
          QE started in March. The reported February CPI inflation is imported (apparently).

The pound has fallen and this does indeed make imports more expensive.

Comment

BBC reports that "inflation dampened", Times reports "UK Economy on brink of deflation"
            "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
              But when you take into account morgage interest it's actually fallen. Great news for the indebted, not so good for pensioners.
              **** the pensioners...

whatever happened to live fast, die young
              'elf and safety guru

Comment

Notice how the BBC switch between CPI and RPI when it suits them/Labour!

When CPI Inflation is above target, quote RPI a lot and continue to tow the Govt/BoW line of Deflationary fears.

When CPI is low, dont mention RPI at all.

You can spin most news to make it appear how you want!

Never mind the fact that RPI at 0% is really a bit of bollox as considering most people are on fixed rate mortgages, how can the cost of mortgages relfected in the real population have come down?

As far as I am concerned, I am most certainly NOT worried about my personal spending being subject to deflation, quite the opposite.

Electricity bill is going to be horrid when it comes in soon (winter quarter), food prices still rising, petrol on the up again, rent is fixed, council tax fixed, water rates up, etc etc.

Comment

It looks like jobless people with families would soon find themselves in expensive food and grocery prices...and they are f**** ....

Why not try qualitative easing now...just for a change and for the education of economically illiterate population who at least learned some buzzwords, thanks to depressive recession

Comment

Originally posted by Solidec View Post
                    Notice how the BBC switch between CPI and RPI when it suits them/Labour!
                    Notice how the Dow Jones rose by 7% (nearly 500 points) yesterday, and it managed one sentence from the BBC? If it had been a 500 point drop, it would have covered every news bulletin, over and over again.

That company is a damned disgrace, and the fact that I am helping to pay for it through the BBC tax makes me want to barf.
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                    X