• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's not April the 1st yet is it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not April the 1st yet is it?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/ne...00/7961224.stm

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

That’s an old boarding school trick. All good mucky fun, but a bit dumb of the kid to f**k up his inheritance like that.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Nah, it was aliens.

They've moved on from Crop Circles and are now painting contemporary genitalia on people's rooves.
        Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          That’s an old boarding school trick. All good mucky fun, but a bit dumb of the kid to f**k up his inheritance like that.
          You would have to be one sourpuss asshole not to see the funny side!
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
            Nah, it was aliens.

They've moved on from Crop Circles and are now painting contemporary genitalia on people's rooves.
            I might start making crop circles seeing as I'll be benched as of next week. It could be a right laugh, especially if I can arrange some helium balloons to carry 'mysterious lights' through the night sky. Perhaps I'll drop some 'ephemeral' copper sulphate crystals in the middle of the circle.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
              You would have to be one sourpuss asshole not to see the funny side!
              public school headmaster

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                I might start making crop circles seeing as I'll be benched as of next week. It could be a right laugh, especially if I can arrange some helium balloons to carry 'mysterious lights' through the night sky. Perhaps I'll drop some 'ephemeral' copper sulphate crystals in the middle of the circle.
                Alternatively, you could go for a pint?

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
                  Alternatively, you could go for a pint?
                  No, I’ll take a crate of ale to the field with me. It will be the first proven case of a drunken alien landing.

Comment

You know, it puzzles me, that if an alien civilisation was so advanced to travel gazillions of light years across the universe, why would they try and make contact by making awkward pattens in fields of alfalfa, instead of using the telephone, the internet or even Facebook instead ?
                    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
                    X