• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Take that Mr Prime Minister

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take that Mr Prime Minister

Both_Barrels

Hard to argue with this and I finally believe that a politician isn't completely full of brown smelly stuff.

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Both_Barrels

Hard to argue with this and I finally believe that a politician isn't completely full of brown smelly stuff.
    fan-bloody-tastic!
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I posted this in the other related thread but I think I make some sort of point, at first I thought Gordon Brown was just boring and incapable of intelligent control on spending and regulation but now I see maybe some bad psychology in there also ..

What really gets me mad about this is that the reaction shot of Gordon Brown showing his sniggering contempt towards Dan Hannah.

If that sniggering contempt was not shown out of context i.e. via crafty video editing by the media company then it just shows that I think we have a major problem with a Prime Minister who is partly in denial or maybe it shows that he himself knows he has been 'found out'. Either way Gordon Brown is a big problem and he has got to be ousted.

Comment

Originally posted by eliquant View Post
        What really gets me mad about this is that the reaction shot of Gordon Brown showing his sniggering contempt towards Dan Hannah.

If that sniggering contempt was not shown out of context i.e. via crafty video editing by the media company then it just shows that I think we have a major problem with a Prime Minister who is partly in denial or maybe it shows that he himself knows he has been 'found out'. Either way Gordon Brown is a big problem and he has got to be ousted.
        I noticed that snigger too, frankly it's either disgraceful or incredibly cretinous, I can't put a good spin on his reaction (assuming it's not a crafty edit as you pointed out).

There are some superb phrases in the speech that rather neatly sum things up.

I'm not naturally much to the right of centre politically, but it's indeed time that this shambles of a Government are done away with. My only fear is that I simply don't trust any British politician to do any better.

Comment

A public flogging is too good for Gordon Brown
          'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
          Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
            My only fear is that I simply don't trust any British politician to do any better.
            How about Daniel Hannan?

Comment

Apparently this YouTube has now become Viral, whatever that means.

I like to think it means Gordon Brown has been ridiculed to such a degree but somehow I suspect he will still come out smelling of roses by this ultimate south paw upper cut to his flabby jowls and have Daniel Hannan arrested for farting while in control of a vehicle.

Comment

Brilliant. Fair play to him - impressive cojones to stand up and say it!
                "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

David Cameron should get this guy on the front benches asap

Comment

Working...
                  X