• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LinkedIn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LinkedIn

One of the interesting things about it is how you can browse people's past career history.

Contractors with 10, 15, more years' experience of large projects' whole lifecycle, interspersed with lead/management roles and/or technical training.

Agents with previous experience in double-glazing sales, hotel reception, and attended (sucessfully one imagines) the U of Luton.

If we are working for those people then we are being taken for a ride. We have the knowledge and intelligence that makes the IT Age work. They have the ability to talk, whether they know anything or not.

Think of agents as outsourced sales team for MyCo.

If you would like more control, hire your own internal sales team or do both jobs and go direct.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Think of agents as outsourced sales team for MyCo.

If you would like more control, hire your own internal sales team or do both jobs and go direct.
      Good point, but I didn't mean to do the old "go direct and sell yourself if you don't like it" talk; I was just impressed, negatively, by some of the agents I've seen. I feel a John Galt moment coming on.

Comment

Contractors with 10, 15, more years' experience of large projects' whole lifecycle, interspersed with lead/management roles and/or technical training.
        I don't understand - what is wrong with that?
        This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
          Good point, but I didn't mean to do the old "go direct and sell yourself if you don't like it" talk; I was just impressed, negatively, by some of the agents I've seen. I feel a John Galt moment coming on.
          Now that is a good book.

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
            I don't understand - what is wrong with that?
            Nothing. The point is the contrast between the skilled and experienced people doing the work, and the unskilled agents taking a rake-off from their work.

Comment

Nothing. The point is the contrast between the skilled and experienced people doing the work, and the unskilled agents taking a rake-off from their work.
              History is full of examples like this.

Think of the poor permies working their nuts off just to appease the shareholders. If you aren't through a brolly, you are the employee, director and shareholder all in one. Can't be bad.

Joe Recruitment agent is just a permie.

Big smile.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Oh that is a relief then luckily I fit into the first category!
                This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Agents ... and attended (sucessfully one imagines) the U of Luton.
                  Oy, I went there. Briefly.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    Oy, I went there. Briefly.
                    Heretic!!!! Burn the unbeliever!!! Stone him!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X