• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Limited Company Advice Needed Please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limited Company Advice Needed Please

Hi

I am just in the process of switching from an Umberalla Company (Giant) to my own limited company. I decided to do this through SJD Accountancy. I have gone through the process of creating my Limited Company but nothing else yet. A colleague of mine said he is going through another Accountancy Company to do this and the charges for creating his company are £90 +vat. I was charged £125 +vat!! I know this is my fault for not doing enough research so i just wanted to check what else i should look out for and if anyone can give me any pointers. I don't think it is too late to chose a different Accountancy Company if need be. I think SJD are widely used but are they worth it or are there smaller firms that do the same for a smaller monthly cost?

Thanks

any advice anyone?

Comment

there are several stages involved in creating a company along with the attendant bits of paperwork that need to be collated, filled out, sent off etc. some people will do more than others in helping you with this process and this often accounts for a difference in price.

Comment

Originally posted by ALumb05 View Post
        Hi

I am just in the process of switching from an Umberalla Company (Giant) to my own limited company. I decided to do this through SJD Accountancy. I have gone through the process of creating my Limited Company but nothing else yet. A colleague of mine said he is going through another Accountancy Company to do this and the charges for creating his company are £90 +vat. I was charged £125 +vat!! I know this is my fault for not doing enough research so i just wanted to check what else i should look out for and if anyone can give me any pointers. I don't think it is too late to chose a different Accountancy Company if need be. I think SJD are widely used but are they worth it or are there smaller firms that do the same for a smaller monthly cost?

Thanks
        IMO, for one man band stuff no and yes
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Last time I did it, when accountants typically charged £100, I used a company formation agency (advertised in Freelance Informer, so it was a while ago!) and it cost me £50. I doubt things have changed much.

In Switzerland it'll cost you about £2500 in legal fees, and you'll need £10'000 seed money to put into the company. So count yourself lucky!
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Uptons do the company formation for free if you stay with them for 12 months.

Or at least they used to..
            Still Invoicing

Comment

Working...
            X