• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Your tax pounds should go to grandparents caring for their own family

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your tax pounds should go to grandparents caring for their own family

March on, nanny state (no pun intended).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7961639.stm

"I would like to see some sort of legislation whereby grandparents are recognised and given the same sort of remuneration as foster parents because we're doing the same sort of job."
    This is another ridiculous proposition which will probably make it into some policy document in the not-to-distant. FFS this is not down to the government or the tax payer. Where did the sense of personal responsibility go? If you want the granny to have some money for it, pay her yourself. If not, don't work and sign on. There is a system in place already. I honestly can't believe this cr ap.
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

If grandparents look after working parents children, and get paid for doing so, why shouldn't the parents be able to claim tax credits?.

To get round this my friends mother had to become a registered childminder.
    Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

I pay my Mum anyway - she looks after Pogle jnr 2 days a week and really enjoys it - she gets away from Dad for a bit, spends quality time with her amazing Granddaughter, she's made new friends at the school gate and gets her income doubled.
      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

I reckon it is perfectly fair for the state to use my tax money to pay grandparents to bring up their grandchildren...

... on the condition the parents are sterilised.
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Excellent piece in the times on this - recommend a read:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle5976879.ece
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
          X