• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New government scare adverts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New government scare adverts

This morning I saw a new government advert to encourage us to spy on each other.

It said something along the lines of:

A bomb won't go off here because weeks before a shopper spotted someone studding the CCTV cameras
    Ahhhhhh

NuLabour are trying to turn this country into Communist East Germany. Not only are they spying on us, but now they want us to distrust and spy on each other.

Originally posted by cailin maith
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Jacqui Smith on the news yesterday saying a dirty bomb attack was highly likely - the fearmongering makes me sick.
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I hate the stroke advert.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Keep calm. Carry on.
        If you've got a problem and no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire...Gordon Brown ...( cue music )

Comment

I haven't read this yet, but I think I will spare the time today...

http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~hpcws/bruce.htm
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            You'll be the first against the wall when the revolution comes...
            <fast speak>Reddy, aim, fire.</fast speak>

Comment

Well its quite obvious whats happening. In order to take everyone's minds off of the financial crisis they're intimating that there will be a new terror crisis so that when they do screw up the economy they can blame it on someone else interfering with their priorities.
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

This current government are a bad joke who have become overripe.

It almost makes me wistfully wonder what happened to the desires the country had that summers morning, May 1997 - it all looked SO good...

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
                  It almost makes me wistfully wonder what happened to the desires the country had that summers morning, May 1997 - it all looked SO good...
                  Yeah, I am traditionally conservative, but was happy when Labour came into power. I never realised NuLabour would get it so wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by FSM with Cheddar View Post
                    Yeah, I am traditionally conservative, but was happy when Labour came into power. I never realised NuLabour would get it so wrong.
                    It manages to be both cliche and generalisation but, regrettably, familiarity does seem to breed contempt in regards to NuLab (as it has with previous Tory governments but far less so).

Comment

Working...
                    X