• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Been asked to change my email signature

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been asked to change my email signature

I am 4 mnths into a 6 mnth gig.

My signature was

Pleomax
    MyCo for and on behalf of

Client Co
    Addy etc

Why would they want me to do this now? No one has mentioned it before and i have sent loads of emails internally and externally?

Pleomax

This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious as to just how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so ordinary and plain that you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is highly unusual though. Study it and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out. Try to do so without any coaching!

Originally posted by pleomax View Post

Why would they want me to do this now? No one has mentioned it before and i have sent loads of emails internally and externally?
    Cause it looks a bit silly?
    The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

It's not silly, I've worked for a few clients that have contracted to another client and email sigs have said "on behalf of xxxx"

Comment

Originally posted by pleomax View Post

My signature was

Pleomax
        MyCo for and on behalf of

Client Co
        Addy etc

Did you add your companyco details to your signature by consent from someone in Compliance (or whatever the equivelant is)? If not then they are well within their rights to ask you to change it as soon as they have spotted it.
        Last edited by pmeswani; 25 March 2009, 11:28. Reason: Fixed a typo.
        If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

It is silly, and much gayness.

If I was forced to put in a sig then I would ask to put consultant in as my title but keep in the client co details.

Comment

If you are using the clients email system/address: As others have said, it's stupid, external/internal clients don't need to know the inner workings of your clients department. Imagine if everyone started to do it

If you are using your own email system/Address: Still stupid as you should not have the bits referring to client

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise View Post
              If you are using the clients email system/address: As others have said, it's stupid, external/internal clients don't need to know the inner workings of your clients department. Imagine if everyone started to do it

If you are using your own email system/Address: Still stupid as you should not have the bits referring to client
              WHS+ If you want to have "This is not really from an employee of Client X, it's from Mr B of Company Y so I am not employed by Client X and don't forget it!" bits in your email (that, lets face it, add zilch value to the message), use your own email domain, not the clients.

Comment

Working...
              X