• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Burglar Alarms

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burglar Alarms

Has anybody any recommendations? I was thinking of getting the ADT sales guy around to spec out our house and quote us for the alarm. I'm quite keen on the monitoring side of things which they offer given that I'm not going to be around too much over the next 3 months. Does anybody know of any similar companies?
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

http://www.uksystems.g4s.com/solutio...deralarms.html

G4S merger of Group 4 and Securicor, FTSE 100 company.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
      Has anybody any recommendations? I was thinking of getting the ADT sales guy around to spec out our house and quote us for the alarm. I'm quite keen on the monitoring side of things which they offer given that I'm not going to be around too much over the next 3 months. Does anybody know of any similar companies?
      It's pointless having a system that dials the police, as after a while of false alarms, the police won't bother coming around. You are better off getting one that has a high decibal alarm more than anything else. I can't remember the one my parents have installed off hand. If you want to monitor intruders, get a set of wireless cameras and a hide the recording unit somewhere (ideally in the loft) so that the burglar won't think to look for it.
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Get wirless kit,no need to bash cables about the house, easy to install and expand as required.

http://www.quicksafe.co.uk/pdf/esp-i...brochure-1.pdf

ADT etc will rip you off big time.

You can have it call your mobile phone and monitor it yourself.
        The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Do it yourself. Get a wireless alarm, customisable, piece of cake.

http://www.alertelectrical.com/Burgl...Alarm%2DParts/
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

We had a very poor experience with ADT. We had two false alarm calls whilst myself and wife at work. Police responded both times but we were told another false call and they would no longer respond.

ADT sent an engineer who pointed out that our control panel in the hall was above a radiator which can sometimes "set it off". His fix was some electricians tape over the tamper switch to dampen the heat effect.

Obviously we weren't happy with this and several emails and telephone calls with ADT could not resolve the issue so we canceled the contract. We found their engineers pretty sloppy and there customer service dire, wouldn't go anywhere near them again.

Instead, I've opted for several web cams around the house hooked up to a PC so I can check my house at any time. Next step is to get some motion sensing software that will switch on auto record. I've read you can also get software to SMS text you whenever motion is detected.
            You ain't seen me, right!

Comment

Pay an asylum seeker to sit at home 24/7 and phone the police if someone breaks in.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Pay an asylum seeker to sit at home 24/7 and phone the police if someone breaks in.
                What will that do to house prices?
                "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Forget Alarms. Just live in a cul-de-sac.

Comment

Give me your address and I'll pop round a couple of times a week make sure all is in order.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Working...
                    X