• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flight Costs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flight Costs

First off, I'm renting a villa from a recruitment agent, so I feel bad enough about this summer's family trip away but this takes the biscuit.

Ryaniar have really outdone themselves for me this time. I've had to use them as they are the only airline flying near where we want to go and the flight price was 1p. So guess how much the total bill for 4 adults, 1 child and 1 infant travelling on my lap was? That's right, 5p! ... err, well no, actually it was £540.65. Broken down into 5p for flights and £540.60 of taxes, surcharges and extras.
    "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
    "See?"

Originally posted by NickNick View Post
    First off, I'm renting a villa from a recruitment agent, so I feel bad enough about this summer's family trip away but this takes the biscuit.

Ryaniar have really outdone themselves for me this time. I've had to use them as they are the only airline flying near where we want to go and the flight price was 1p. So guess how much the total bill for 4 adults, 1 child and 1 infant travelling on my lap was? That's right, 5p! ... err, well no, actually it was £540.65. Broken down into 5p for flights and £540.60 of taxes, surcharges and extras.

I hope you factored in having a wee on the flight...
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Wonder if they had his 5 pees?

IGMC
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

So guess how much the total bill for 4 adults, 1 child and 1 infant travelling on my lap was? actually it was £540.65.
        Sounds pretty cheap to me for the peak summer?
        The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Did you have to provide 2 references and details of where you have rented previously?
          I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Rookie View Post
            Did you have to provide 2 references and details of where you have rented previously?
            I dont blame him for the references - you cant be too careful these days.

Comment

Na. Und?

What did you expect? 5p?

btw - the landlord is a recruitment agent, so he's almost certainly screwing you over.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

So where are you flying? Somewhere in Spain perhaps, so for 12 seats(return), that works out at £45 each. Seems very cheap for a summer flight.

OK it's Ryanair and I've never touch'em even if it were 1p a flight, but for the credit crunched among us it's a bargain.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining at the overall costs, 5 seats for 550 quid is pretty good.

My comment is more aimed at the fact that the extras just keep on coming, and you have no way of knowing how much you are going to have to pay until you pay. Especially as there is a £50 charge to pay for the seats (a tenner a seat)

As for the landlord screwing me over, the missus has been dealing with him and eventually blagged him down considerably from the starting point. He may have gievn up in exasperation in the end as we got it for about a grand for 2 weeks in a 5 bed villa on the coast. Not too bad I thought.
                  "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
                  "See?"

Comment

. Especially as there is a £50 charge to pay for the seats (a tenner a seat)
                    There's a what!

An extra charge for seats.

Even Ryanair haven't managed that yet.

tim

Comment

Working...
                    X