• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do your duty

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do your duty

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7963815.stm

The UK Treasury has failed to sell all its government bonds in an auction for the first time since 2002.

It wanted to sell £1.75bn of 40-year bonds, but investors only bid for £1.63bn of the debt, the Debt Management Office said.

Analysts said this may reflect concern over the state of the public finances as government borrowing surges.

But the Treasury said it demand for gilts, as UK government bonds are called, remains "strong".

Come on, I know you guys have plenty of cash to "invest" in Gilts. After all, you don't pay your fair share of taxes, so it's about time you helped Britain out.
    If you've got a problem and no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire...Gordon Brown ...( cue music )

Originally posted by Gordon Brown View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7963815.stm

Come on, I know you guys have plenty of cash to "invest" in Gilts. After all, you don't pay your fair share of taxes, so it's about time you helped Britain out.
    Dearie me Mr Broon - I never uses taxis maself - ah mean youve only jist got it the the bloddy cab and theres already a fiver on the clock ...

Comment

Gordon

how is it that the Dutch government managed to sell 1.4 billion euros (1.1 billion pounds) of bonds this morning in an oversubscribed auction, when the Dutch economy is about 3 times smaller than the British economy? Is it because people believe the Dutch government can afford to repay them?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Gordon

how is it that the Dutch government managed to sell 1.4 billion euros (1.1 billion pounds) of bonds this morning in an oversubscribed auction, when the Dutch economy is about 3 times smaller than the British economy? Is it because people believe the Dutch government can afford to repay them?
        German
        The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
          German
          True, once they've melted down all the bicycles to make tanks.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            True, once they've melted down all the bicycles to make tanks.
            Kan ik mijn fiets terug alstublieft.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
            X