• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things I learnt yesterday.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things I learnt yesterday.....

Brazil nuts are full of selenium.
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Have you been watching series four of House?

Comment

Is that good for you? I seem to recall that some supermarkets banned the sale of Brazil nuts in their shells a few years ago owing to them containing some carcinogenic compound - though last Christmas they made a reappearance. Just not the same IMO when they're not in their shells.

And just one more Brazil nut fact: ironically, in Brazil they are called Castanhas de Peru (Peru Nuts).

Comment

8 litres of Salvator (7.5% ale) is not good for remembering the street that you live when getting a taxi home
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

From my own pov, I learnt that something I've been plugging away at for two years might (repeat: might) be about to find a commercial application and (double bananas) have someone who could be interested in utilising it

Comment

I've got soul but....I'm not a soldier
            Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
              I've got soul but....I'm not a soldier
              Killers or Polyphonic Spree?
              I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
                And just one more Brazil nut fact: ironically, in Brazil they are called Castanhas de Peru (Peru Nuts).
                Chinese food is just called food in china

Last edited by Andy2; 26 March 2009, 09:32.

Comment

Things I learnt yesterday

If you're unsure as to whether its just wind or perhaps something more, best not to find out when sat at your desk
                  "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

You've been watching the talking Toby Jug full of piss show
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                    X