• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BOOMED: City chief: Green shoots are here

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BOOMED: City chief: Green shoots are here

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...ere/article.do
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

An expert from Barclays advises and predicts. How much did they lose in subprime again?
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Maybe he's right. Wouldn't that be nice?

Ducks for cover and prepares for flame attack
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

If he's right it's very bad news. The assumption then would be that the current financial model ( excessive lending, living off credit) is sustainable and that no great consequences accrue from such behaviour.

Plus house prices haven't fallen by nearly enough ...

However as I mentioned in a thread a few days ago, I have a feeling he may be right, but for all the wrong reasons - never in history has so much money been thrown at a downturn. This is not a natural business/consumer driven recovery.
        So it will just lead to further problems down the line.
        Last edited by sasguru; 26 March 2009, 09:48.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

It would be bad news in so much as, if we get away with it this time, we are only saving it up to be worse further down the line.

More likely we are just into the "Bull Trap" phase of the bubble cycle.

See pic.

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/images...p_image001.jpg
          The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
            It would be bad news in so much as, if we get away with it this time, we are only saving it up to be worse further down the line.

More likely we are just into the "Bull Trap" phase of the bubble cycle.

See pic.

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/images...p_image001.jpg
            The more cabbage and beans people eat the faster we will reach the 'blow off phase'.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              The more cabbage and beans people eat the faster we will reach the 'blow off phase'.
              In that case, im doing my bit for humanity for once.
              The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Good analogy
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
                  Great minds etc.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    However as I mentioned in a thread a few days ago, I have a feeling he may be right, but for all the wrong reasons - never in history has so much money been thrown at a downturn. This is not a natural business/consumer driven recovery.
                    So it will just lead to further problems down the line.
                    I am inclined to think that the UK Government at the moment is like a person who has been on a colossal spending spree with their credit card.

They don't know how big the bill is going to be, but they know it is going to be big and are dreading the moment it lands on the doormat because they are not sure that they are going to be able to pay it.

Comment

Working...
                    X