• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

what an Idiot

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what an Idiot

Are you one of those users that use a GPS for general guidance or are you like the idiot lemming below?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bradford/7962212.stm

A car was left teetering on a cliff edge after the driver followed sat nav directions down a Pennine footpath.

Robert Jones continued to follow the instructions when they told him the narrow, steep path he was driving on in Todmorden, West Yorkshire, was a road.

Mr Jones, from Doncaster, South Yorkshire, only stopped when his BMW hit a fence above Gauxholme railway bridge on Sunday morning.

Police have charged Mr Jones with driving without due care and attention.

The 43-year-old, who works as a driver, said he relied on his sat nav for his job.

He described Sunday's incident, during a visit to friends in Todmorden, as "a nightmare".

A West Yorkshire Police spokesman said: "Officers received a call at 11.18am on Sunday March 22 reporting that a BMW was hanging off the edge of a cliff off Bacup Road.

"The driver was a 43-year-old man from Doncaster. He has been summonsed to court for driving without due care and attention."
    Last edited by stingman123; 26 March 2009, 10:36.
    Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

GPs (family doctor) or GPS?

Comment

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
      only stopped when his BMW hit a fence above Gauxholme railway bridge on Sunday morning.
      The word highlighted in bold tells you everything you need to know about the abilities of the driver

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
        GPs (family doctor) or GPS?
        Ah, my bad engleeesh

thankysee
        Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

The BMW GPS system is so hopelessly bad that I don't use it, preferring a TomTom.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
            The BMW GPS system is so hopelessly bad that I don't use it, preferring a TomTom.
            WHS - The (expensive) factory fit BMW sat nav is easily the worst sat nav of any car. I'd rather have my wife read a map after two bottles of wine than rely on that peice of cack.

Comment

Let me guess, does it not indicate left or right properly?
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                Let me guess, does it not indicate left or right properly?
                Indicate?

Comment

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
                  The 43-year-old, who works as a driver, said he relied on his sat nav for his job.
                  professional driver eh?

Comment

Working...
                  X