• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Saw a ghost the other night

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw a ghost the other night

Was looking at Canis major though my new telescope (in my garden), when I sensed someone stood next to me. As I took my eye away from the viewfinder I saw a human figure and jumped out of my skin, but thought it's ok, it must be MRS FSM. I then realised it was a man wearing a mid length black coat and jumped out of my skin for a second time. As my brain was deciding if to fight or run away, the figure disappeared.

I don't believe in any supernatural tulip, so tried to calm myself down, and carry on with the star observing. However I had to give up in the end because I was spooked too much.

Personally I think it was just a trick of the shadows, and my mind filling in the gaps, but it was definitely a brown pants moment.

Anyone like to share any other experiences?
    Originally posted by cailin maith
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Probably one of the G20 anarchists on his way to London.

Mind plays inetersting tricks, eh? That's why you shouldn't trust your own perception.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

There's an article on new scientist about déjà vu. Apparently there's a guy who suffers from it permanently, but he won't see a doctor, because he's convinced he already has.

I did once have a rather nasty nightmare... at least I assume it was...

In the dream, I woke up in my room. I could hear the rest of the household getting up. I was aware of an evil presence in the room, so I tried to go to the door, but it was really difficult, my body felt so heavy. I tried calling out, but couldn't speak. I managed to crawl to the door, and as I reached it, I was grabbed by the shoulders and pulled back... I then woke up in my bed, absolutely bl**dy terrified. It about 6am, and the house was completely quiet.

Never had a dream like it before or since. Nor would I want to!
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Yeah, sorry about that.

I spotted you looking through your telescope and concluded you must be one of those terrorists that Jacqui Smith keeps banging on about.

You can't be too careful these days.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
          Yeah, sorry about that.

I spotted you looking through your telescope and concluded you must be one of those terrorists that Jacqui Smith keeps banging on about.

You can't be too careful these days.
          Originally posted by cailin maith
          Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

been on the sauce had we??

gedit ...spagetti....sauce......

IGMC
            I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

A friend was sleeping in his brother's room when his own room was getting decorated, he woke up to find a child in a sailors outfit at the end of his bed, he switched on the light and it vanished, he woke his brother up screaming "oh jesus there is a ghost in here" his brother then said "yes, the wee boy in the sailors outfit, seen him a few times". True story.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                been on the sauce had we??

gedit ...spagetti....sauce......

IGMC
                no
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by FSM with Cheddar View Post
                  Was looking at Canis major though my new telescope (in my garden), when I sensed someone stood next to me. As I took my eye away from the viewfinder I saw a human figure and jumped out of my skin, but thought it's ok, it must be MRS FSM. I then realised it was a man wearing a mid length black coat and jumped out of my skin for a second time. As my brain was deciding if to fight or run away, the figure disappeared.

I don't believe in any supernatural tulip, so tried to calm myself down, and carry on with the star observing. However I had to give up in the end because I was spooked too much.

Personally I think it was just a trick of the shadows, and my mind filling in the gaps, but it was definitely a brown pants moment.

Anyone like to share any other experiences?

It might not have been a ghost.

Do you know about the Men In Black ?

Perhaps it was an Alien - they're always interesed in people who are observing the Cosmos .

I should know.

PS what kind of Telescope do you have ?

PPS If you see the chap next time - say Hi - dont be afraid - you could learn something of an extraordinary nature.
                  Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 26 March 2009, 12:27.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    no
                    FSM - flying spagetti monster _ I thought EVEVRYONE knew that

>PAH<
                    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                    X