• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has anybody here had ..........

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anybody here had ..........

.............Laser eye surgery ?

Apparently it is a waste of time and only lasts between five to ten years before your eyes are worse than before. On top of that the operation does go horrifically wrong occasionally.

Any good or bad experiences ?

Who said that?

Comment

I had laser eye surgery, I try not to use it too much though, only to vaporise the occasional Chav.

Comment

Personally I wouldn't trust something that doesn't have any long term scientific study.
        Originally posted by cailin maith
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Yes. Fantastic. No more contact lenses.
          I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

Had it done about 8 years ago ( lasek) which has been around now for about 18 years. Just had to have glasses for driving but still so much better than they use to be Px is L -1 R + 1.5 ( I use to be L -5.75 R -5.50) No other problems.
            Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

-10 prescription to no glasses in 20 minutes(ish).. yup, I'm happy..

Any surgery involves risk.. I decided the benefits far outweighed the risks..

Comment

GF tells me a story about some conference on it and all the speakers were wearing glasses, take from that what you will. I think it is a lot safer now.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogstomp View Post
                  -10 prescription to no glasses in 20 minutes(ish).. yup, I'm happy..

Any surgery involves risk.. I decided the benefits far outweighed the risks..

Is it worth it though if your eyesight will be worse in a few years time ? Many people have regretted their decision, and were not told that their eyesight would soon deteriorate.

Comment

I opted not to go for it due to the risks when engaging in savage contact sports i.e. getting on and off the train on a daily basis.

Comment

Working...
                    X