• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eye for an Eye

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eye for an Eye

It's the ultimate case of an eye for an eye - a judge has given an Iranian woman permission to pour acid into a man's eye after the spurned suitor blinded her by doing the same thing...
    Full story

Despite understanding the victim's desire for revenge this seems pretty extreme to me... Still, there's no arguing the punishment doesn't fit the crime!
    Last edited by Ravello; 26 March 2009, 13:41. Reason: quote tags
    Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

heard about this a few weeks ago - all said I do find the outcome rather surprising.

having said that they probabl still stone people for adultery so hey ho

Comment

Sounds good. I hope it hurts.

Comment

IIRC correctly, the verdict passed the acid test

IGMC again

Comment

Excellent !! We should have more this type of justice in the UK, then people would think twice before they ruin other people's lives.

How about stabbing victims for instance being allowed to stab the purpetrator in the same part of the body ?

Comment

totally agree with the verdict, hope she doesnt burn herself

Comment

Reading the linked article, I'm left wondering if this is for real...
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Seems more like judicial torture than justice. A barbarous act in a barbarous country.
                Last edited by NotAllThere; 26 March 2009, 19:32.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Seems more like judicial torture than justice. A barberous act in a barberous country.

The barbarous act was the original acid attack on the woman that has ruined her life. This guy deserves death IMO and should think himself lucky just to be blinded the same as he blinded her.

Comment

Mutilation and maiming as part of the criminal code went out in civilized countries a long time ago.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X