• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

England

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

England

Half-time: 1-1.

Decent game so far. England actually showing some passion, desire and flair. Dominated the half, created some good chances and finally scored. Great! Then they decide to go back to sleep mode and Poland score

Got the victory. Fully deserved. England put in a decent performance, and certainly a marked improvement on recent games.

Dare we be optimistic about the WC?

Comment

Swallows and summers!

The team selection was forced on SGE as there was no Beckham or Gerrard available. Had both been available then I suspect both would have played and produced the normal ineffective display we have got used to in recent games. Personally I thought the team looked quite balanced last night. Wright Phillips did more work down the right hand side in the one game than Beckham has done in 5. Why did he bring on Crouch ahead of the inform strikers on the bench though? And why when you have a left footed winger on the bench do you persist with playing Joe Cole on the left. Out of all of them I though Cole played the worst as he gave the ball away too cheaply and too often - but I'm being picky now!
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Quite right, it was only one game and I wouldn't call it a great performance, but it was an improvement and we showed more desire.

I think the match proved that the Lampard/Gerrard pairing in central midfield doesn't work. Lampard had a good game, scored, and might even have had a couple more with a bit of luck. King played well in the anchor position. If Gerrard is to be played with Lampard, I think Gerrard should take the anchor role. Great player, but for my money Lampard has the edge and certainly scores more goals.

I like Joe Cole and think he had a good game. He's not a winger and players better in the centre, but he puts in some good balls and offers some flair and creativity, which, Rooney aside, is not something England has in great abundance.

Comment

I'm now optimistic that England will scrape through the first round of the tournament next year.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by voron
            Got the victory. Fully deserved. England put in a decent performance, and certainly a marked improvement on recent games.

Dare we be optimistic about the WC?
            You know its only going to end in tears mate...dont set yourself up with expectations the crappy england soccar team cant deliver on

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates
              I'm now optimistic that England will scrape through the first round of the tournament next year.
              A lot of it comes down to the luck of the draw. We were very unlucky to meet Argentina in the second round of the 98 WC. Germany had a lucky draw and got to the final of the last one, despite having a dreadful team.

Comment

Originally posted by voron
                A lot of it comes down to the luck of the draw. We were very unlucky to meet Argentina in the second round of the 98 WC. Germany had a lucky draw and got to the final of the last one, despite having a dreadful team.
                I thought you were a comrade and supported Russia, which miserably failed yesterday with Slovakia. Couldn't score a goal.
                I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
                  I thought you were a comrade and supported Russia, which miserably failed yesterday with Slovakia. Couldn't score a goal.
                  Of course I cheer on Rodina. Russia produces good footballers, but the side doesn't play with any national pride or determination, which is shameful.

Now Ice Hockey is another question. There is a God, and his name is Federov...

Comment

Is that the Stanley Cup? Big bugger isn't it.

Comment

Working...
                    X