• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Women; explain please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Women; explain please

If I go to the shops, I take care to buy the best quality meat and veg on offer, often visiting the butcher and the greengrocers to get the best produce that’s in season. Afterwards I’ll stop off at the Wine Merchant to have a chat, taste one or two of his offerings and buy a case or two of something really good. Then I go to the supermarket and buy the cheapest washing powder, washing up liquid and toothpaste on offer. No problems, I’m well fed, clean and don’t have halitosis or brown teeth.

When Mrs Tester visits the shops, she buys the most expensive washing powder, washing up liquid and toothpaste, and then buys cheapo veg and meat from the supermarket with no regard to the seasons or the taste; you know, watery greenhouse tomatoes in March, tasteless imported strawberries in January, and that awful bright red low grade beef they sell. Don’t even start me on some of the plonk she brings home.

What’s going on?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    If I go to the shops, I take care to buy the best quality meat and veg on offer, often visiting the butcher and the greengrocers to get the best produce that’s in season. Afterwards I’ll stop off at the Wine Merchant to have a chat, taste one or two of his offerings and buy a case or two of something really good. Then I go to the supermarket and buy the cheapest washing powder, washing up liquid and toothpaste on offer. No problems, I’m well fed, clean and don’t have halitosis or brown teeth.

When Mrs Tester visits the shops, she buys the most expensive washing powder, washing up liquid and toothpaste, and then buys cheapo veg and meat from the supermarket with no regard to the seasons or the taste; you know, watery greenhouse tomatoes in March, tasteless imported strawberries in January, and that awful bright red low grade beef they sell. Don’t even start me on some of the plonk she brings home.

What’s going on?
    Life gets easier when you stop caring about these things.
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
      No it doesn’t. I do the shopping and cooking once on weekdays and at the weekends. That means we have good food 3 times a week. Add one good restaurant visit and we eat well 4 times a week. That still leaves 3 days a week of trying to digest the woman’s attempts at making Knorr’s prepacked boxes of ingredients.

One good thing about being benched next week; the food will improve.

Comment

Pogle has coffee on keyboard moment
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

No it doesn’t. I do the shopping and cooking once on weekdays and at the weekends. That means we have good food 3 times a week. Add one good restaurant visit and we eat well 4 times a week. That still leaves 3 days a week of trying to digest the woman’s attempts at making Knorr’s prepacked boxes of ingredients.

One good thing about being benched next week; the food will improve.
          Introduce her to Maggi as a substitute for Knorr

Comment

Bugger that. Listen, I like my tuck and I care about what I eat.

Comment

So don't let her cook.

Comment

Well, you're married to the women - EDUCATE her. Twice if needs be.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Maggi and Knorr? Sounds like a couple of german hookers.
                  I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

So what’s the point of expensive brand-name washing powder when it costs twice as much as the cheapo stuff on the bottom shelf? It’s just powdered soap.

Comment

Working...
                    X