• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jungle disk

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jungle disk

Just lost a days work because of those muppets. Signed up at the weekend and uploaded my code. then couldn't access the drive all weekend. Got a response to my support request saying that they had been doing infrastructure work over the weekend and they were sorry for the inconvenience and they would waive the next months fees.

So far so good. Then my jungle disk stopped working again. Another support request. Turns out they want you to upgrade the client software due to a bug. Upgraded client software and happy days.

Worked on my code for two days. Both at work (in breaks and stuff) and then at home. All good.

Tonight, the files all report 0 bytes and are empty. Got some muppet technician asking me if I took a backup FFS. Its because I was worried about my laptop breaking or being stolen that I bought some cloud storage.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh.

They are supposed to be my backup strategy. OMFG. And they charge for this.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

mozyhome is your friend.

Comment

I always email important stuff to my gmail account as a backup, could always use that in addition. Unlucky though! Not very good service from them if they can lose customers data like that.
      The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeGregan View Post
        mozyhome is your friend.
        If you like slow bloated unfriendly friends

Idrive is much better
        Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          Got some muppet technician asking me if I took a backup FFS. Its because I was worried about my laptop breaking or being stolen that I bought some cloud storage.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh.

They are supposed to be my backup strategy. OMFG.
          That said, though, you did have a back-up, right?

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
            If you like slow bloated unfriendly friends

Idrive is much better
            WHS

IDrive is really good
            Originally posted by cailin maith
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
              That said, though, you did have a back-up, right?
              Yes, on Jungle disk.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

Tonight, the files all report 0 bytes and are empty. Got some muppet technician asking me if I took a backup FFS. Its because I was worried about my laptop breaking or being stolen that I bought some cloud storage.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh.

They are supposed to be my backup strategy. OMFG. And they charge for this.
                This, along with recent outages at Google, shows that companies should not trust nor jump on the cloud bandwagon. Its an emerging technology and is just not mature enough for 'production' just yet.
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

If you need a backup, you need at least two. Same principle with the cloud as with your own physical storage: what happens if the backup breaks?

And if you haven't tried a restore, you can't call it a backup.

Comment

Have you tried carbonite?
                    "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
                    "See?"

Comment

Working...
                    X