• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shooting rubber bands after cats

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shooting rubber bands after cats

One of my neighbours likes nothing better than to sit in the garden with a bag of rubber bands and when one of the neighbourhood cats wanders in, he uses them for target practice.

Then I found this rubber band machine gun.

I know some of you lot also like to pull the legs of spiders too.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

$499 seems quite alot.

If Mrs BP gets hold of your neighbour he will be in big trouble......

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      $499 seems quite alot.

If Mrs BP gets hold of your neighbour he will be in big trouble......
      Ditto for Pogle too
      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

wh&ss

Comment

Whatever happened to spud guns, they were great fun?
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            Whatever happened to spud guns, they were great fun?
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spud_Gun_Legality

The sale of spud guns in the state of Georgia, Florida and Wisconsin can be punished with felony charge resulting in a $20,000 fine and up to 15 years in prison.
            Pistols, rifles, or shotguns: no problem. Spud guns: no way!

Edit: TBH I think they are referring to internal combustion guns firing whole spuds!

Amazon have a real spud gun on sale.
            Last edited by expat; 27 March 2009, 09:04.

Comment

I find having a primed supersoaker to hand always useful for dealing with kitty crapping on the lawn.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                I find having a primed supersoaker to hand always useful for dealing with kitty crapping on the lawn.
                Well, I don't just want to be able to chase them while I'm outside, I want them to stop it completely.

Currently I come out to chase them, and lob a pebble from the gravel. Now they have that figured, and don't shift until they see me reach for the pebble; just being outside and yelling/hissing is no longer enough. I'd guess the water gun might be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                  One of my neighbours likes nothing better than to sit in the garden with a bag of rubber bands and when one of the neighbourhood cats wanders in, he uses them for target practice.

Then I found this rubber band machine gun.

I know some of you lot also like to pull the legs of spiders too.
                  Years ago visiting Texas I bought a rubber band handgun. Great fun !
                  Unfortunately I left it in the hotel room, doh !

Very tempted to order one, only $12.95...

Comment

Other notes
                    * Flaming, explosive, black powder, or living projectiles can often make a legal spud gun illegal in many jurisdictions.
                    "living projectiles"? WTF?

thinks... what about the kids on the towpath that use their catapults to fire maggots at passing narrowboats?
                    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Working...
                    X