• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bloody cats!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody cats!

Cats come in to our garden from neighbours' gardens, and we want to stop that.

We don't like them crapping in our garden, and we don't like the way that they get well-fed at home and then have all day to sit around waiting for something to murder needlessly. We like birds and squirrels in our garden, and don't want unnatural predators hunting in our space.

But, in brief, it is OUR garden so IMHO we don't have to explain why we don't want vermin.

So what can we do? I have suggested shooting them but the OH feels that the neighbours might not like it. Maybe the rubber band gun is the humane solution.

Originally posted by expat View Post
    Maybe the rubber band gun is the humane solution.
    And a good excuse to buy one of these.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Lion Dung does the trick or a dog.

Comment

You can get motion sensitive water jets. Saw one in the local garden centre for around £40.
        Originally posted by cailin maith
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Look upon it as an excuse to buy a huge water pistol!
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
            Look upon it as an excuse to buy a huge water pistol!
            That sounds fun but you know cats: all that would do is get us to the point where they sit in the garden, but shift when I appear with the water pistol, then come back. The problem is that I don't have all day, but they do.

I have seen a device that is supposed to detect presence and emit ultrasound to deter, but it claims to work on squirrels too, which puts it outside spec. Same might apply to the water jet.

A dog might work but would have the snag that then we would have a dog in the garden.

Comment

A dog might work but would have the snag that then we would have a dog in the garden [ins].

leave even biger piles of tulip

possibility

[ins] that might eat its own tulip and then vomit it up on my Lounge Carpet and then come and lick my face!

Comment

Daughter has a lot of problems with a neighnour over her cat. He wants her to stop the cat coming into his garden and crapping everywhere - bit of a bully really.

Will have to have a quiet word with him next time I visit her.

Comment

Originally posted by foritisme View Post
                  Daughter has a lot of problems with a neighnour over her cat. He wants her to stop the cat coming into his garden and crapping everywhere - bit of a bully really.
                  Imagine that. As if his garden were not your daughter's to crap in whenever she wants.

Comment

Imagine that. As if his garden were not your daughter's to crap in whenever she wants.

Oh sorry forgot to add - he keeps pigeons, right mess they make everywhere. Was going to be civil and do a deal. She will keep the cat out of his garden if he keeps his pigeons out of hers.

Neighbours !

Comment

Working...
                    X